PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
England surprised me,although I thought the Argies were very poor.
My pick is the bokke's for the trophy,
Sounding like a safe bet at the moment……..half hour till they face the jocks though. Could we see an upset? Unlikely but you never know.

Reactions: Frog Snacks

orvet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2023
Willamette Valley of Oregon
I wish I could go to church today. I am the caregiver for my wife and she's pretty much bedridden with liver cancer.
We will watch the Mariners baseball game this morning and probably a couple podcasts this afternoon. Of course there will be time for a couple of pipes in there.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Nice, I picked some Golden Yellow Amanita Muscaria(dangerous but fun) and some Chaga while I was out today, I'm going to dry the amanita's and smoke them in a pipe for umm spiritual reasons, not only do they make me feel like a giant but they improve my vision/perspective and help in hunting for grouse and rabbits, as long as I don't over do it and end up laying in a ditch. The chaga goes into my kettle for my tea and coffee.
I think those are the equivalent of the Red ones we have in the U.K. If boiled in salted water for about 15 minutes I am informed they are quite edible although not something I would personally chow down on.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I think those are the equivalent of the Red ones we have in the U.K. If boiled in salted water for about 15 minutes I am informed they are quite edible although not something I would personally chow down on.
Yes, the red and white ones are the "Christmas mushrooms". I had one many years ago, with its full potency intact. I will just say that I did not expect anything approaching the nature and magnitude of the experience. I've pondered it many times since.

Frog Snacks

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2023
Yes, the red and white ones are the "Christmas mushrooms". I had one many years ago, with its full potency intact. I will just say that I did not expect anything approaching the nature and magnitude of the experience. I've pondered it many times since.
Ya I ate them a few times when I was in my 20's, and I tried the making tea, and honestly I didn't like it and won't do it again, they made me and my buddy trip right out, lots of paranoia and visions like sacred geometry and stuff it made us foam at the mouth and drool like rabid maniacs, I mean it was an experience but a little too much for comfort, I know a guy who ate the brown ones the Amanita panterina(panther caps) and he got the repetive motion syndrome and for some reason was on a bike ride and he fell on his bike, got back up on it raised his feet to the pedals and just fell over about 10 times until a random passerby took his bike away and literally babysat him until he was ok to be on his own again. I like to smoke the skin in small amounts, it seems to bypass the negative stuff that can happen. The red and yellow are very similar in their effects and the panther caps are like supercharged ones. Definitely not for the inexperienced person. I wouldn't recommend anyone try them actually, stick with the psilocibe version if your after mushrooms the worst that can happen with them if you can learn some things about yourself you didn't want to know.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Ya I ate them a few times when I was in my 20's, and I tried the making tea, and honestly I didn't like it and won't do it again, they made me and my buddy trip right out, lots of paranoia and visions like sacred geometry and stuff it made us foam at the mouth and drool like rabid maniacs, I mean it was an experience but a little too much for comfort, I know a guy who ate the brown ones the Amanita panterina(panther caps) and he got the repetive motion syndrome and for some reason was on a bike ride and he fell on his bike, got back up on it raised his feet to the pedals and just fell over about 10 times until a random passerby took his bike away and literally babysat him until he was ok to be on his own again. I like to smoke the skin in small amounts, it seems to bypass the negative stuff that can happen. The red and yellow are very similar in their effects and the panther caps are like supercharged ones. Definitely not for the inexperienced person. I wouldn't recommend anyone try them actually, stick with the psilocibe version if your after mushrooms the worst that can happen with them if you can learn some things about yourself you didn't want to know.
It wasn't a negative experience...I'd say it was quite profound. But I personally would not take any "psychedelic" substance again, mushrooms or other, because I believe it can open doors you may not be able to close again.

I know they can be very helpful for some people in dealing with addictions as in your case. I'm just not interested in using them for recreational or any other personal reasons.

DMT is very interesting though, because it is produced naturally in our bodies and is probably associated with dream states. The experiments done with it by Strassman are fascinating.

Frog Snacks

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2023
It wasn't a negative experience...I'd say it was quite profound. But I personally would not take any "psychedelic" substance again, mushrooms or other, because I believe it can open doors you may not be able to close again.

I know they can be very helpful for some people in dealing with addictions as in your case. I'm just not interested in using them for recreational or any other personal reasons.

DMT is very interesting though, because it is produced naturally in our bodies and is probably associated with dream states. The experiments done with it by Strassman are fascinating.
DMT saved my life and soul, not only by curing my addiction but by introducing me to god. I'm not a Christian but I am very spritual and full of faith, I know I was somewhere before I was born and I will be somewhere else once I'm gone from this life and where that is depends on how I live this life. I can relate to Christians and I believe we worship the same god just with different approaches, Jesus and the bible just isn't the path to god that's meant for me. I find god in nature, and in the souls of the people I care about. I can even find god in the bowl of a pipe if I smoke it quiet enough, I can find him in a canoe trip down a creek or river, I can find him on a long walk, and through meditation. If I were to pretend to find god in the bible it wouldn't be real and god doesn't want that for me. I call my belief system "spritual shamanism" and it works for me.

I would never use DMT as a toy or a recreational drug but there is a place for it in my life, maybe once a year or every couple years or something I don't need it right now I'm still riding high from the last time. I am a fan of psychedelics though but only in small amounts, I like a light trip on mushrooms and the occaisional LSD adventure, although I steer away from LSD because 12+ hours is a long friggin time. psychedelics are actually the only drugs I would ever consider doing because they're non addictive and at the core of my soul I'm an addict. I've had a hard life, grew up in poverty, raised by alcoholics, and I fell into that generational curse for most of my life, I fell in with bad crowds at a young age. started smoking and drinking when I was barely even 10 years old, I have doors that I don't want to open but sometimes I need to open them to better understand myself and to deal with things that I've buried and repressed. I truly believe without psychedelics I would be dead or on my way to death. I certainly wouldn't be the man I am today and wouldn't have been able to be the father my son needs. It's medicine if you treat is as such. I always go into a trip with intention and that's always helped me to stay grounded and to turn it into a positive experience.

But I agree you shouldn't even consider them if you don't need them and if you feel scared or anxious thinking about them, then they are not for you.

orvet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2023
Willamette Valley of Oregon
50 plus years ago I did more psychedelics, of various kinds, than I would care to admit. I found the enlightenment I received from them to be an illusion at best and demonic at worst. I have not touched them in more than 50 years.
But keep searching for God, if you are searching for him with an honest heart you will find him, or as in my case, he found me.

Frog Snacks

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2023
50 plus years ago I did more psychedelics, of various kinds, than I would care to admit. I found the enlightenment I received from them to be an illusion at best and demonic at worst. I have not touched them in more than 50 years.
But keep searching for God, if you are searching for him with an honest heart you will find him, or as in my case, he found me.
illusion absolutetly, demonic it depends, the insight psychedelics offer comes from deep within yourself, they don't "add" anything to you that's not already there, they just make you think differently and can show you things you may or may not want or need to see.

In my life there have been things that I would call truly demonic, but I see other people engage in those things just fine and in a healthy manner. Like alcohol, many people can have alcohol in their lives in a healthy manner, it doesn't destroy their souls and ruin their relationships with friends and family, some people can take pain killers just for pain, some people can gamble or buy lottery tickets, where in other peoples lives those things cause chaos and destruction, some people smoke weed all day and function just fine while others smoke it and fall into a life of lazyness and never do anything with themselves, some people have unhealthy relationships with food and it can destroy their lives just as bad as any drug can, everything has the power to help or to harm. Even religion, there's a guy across the street from me, he's not a menonite but he's something very similar to it, he's a bible literalist of some sort. he things the earth is flat, glacier don't exist, dinosaurs are a lie and he thinks he's perfectly justified in locking his wife in the house all day every day never allowing her to meet or interact with people and smacking her around. He says the bible justifies all of it and its what Jesus wants of him. He's also full of hate and contempt towards other people because they don't live up to his version of Christ. To me that's demonic and to him that's Christ. I also know many Christians who are beautiful and rational people.

Frog Snacks

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2023
Let's not take religion any further here....
I agree, and I apologize if anyone is offended in any way by what I said. Everyone is entitled to their belief system and everyone needs a belief system of some kind, and I was not in any way trying to bash religion or religious people by any means, I was refering to the man I mentioned himself and how something that is positive has the potential to become corrupted.

Frog Snacks

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2023
This was my wife's birthday weekend. I made her steaks on the grill and a nice spinach salad, a lemon cake, and I keg carbonated an apricot melomel for her. We ended up setting out by the pool all weekend, and not much else. I like weekends when my truck never moves at all.
Sounds like it was a good weekend, your wife sounds like a lucky lady to have so much attention put on her.

Reactions: orvet

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
This was my wife's birthday weekend. I made her steaks on the grill and a nice spinach salad, a lemon cake, and I keg carbonated an apricot melomel for her. We ended up setting out by the pool all weekend, and not much else. I like weekends when my truck never moves at all.
You probably should have gotten where what she's wanted for years and years ... a divorce! Ba dum tss!