PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Frog Snacks

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2023
"Otherwise, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?"
haha, not quite, I meant it honestly and sincerely, I love a good pizza. My town only has one pizza place anf they make terrible pizza so I had to learn to make my own from scratch, I make the dough in a breadmachine, and stretch it out by hand, I tried using a roller but it ruins the dough hand stretching it keeps it airy and light and the roller makes it flat and lifeless, I also use mixed "tex mex" cheese that is a blend of mozzarella, monterey jack and chedder with red and green jalapeno flakes, it's so good. I'm also a weirdo and put broccoli florets on my pizza.

Reactions: brian64

Frog Snacks

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2023
What source/type/brand of tomato paste/sauce do you use?
If I buy it I use Primo Garlic and Basil, but my mom grows tomatoes and she makes me some homemade stuff, but it runs out on me half way through the winter and then I start buying until the next years batch is ready.

Frog Snacks

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2023
Small game hunting starts this weekend up here in my neck of the woods, going after grouse tomorrow, maybe some rabbit if I see some, and maybe some ducks, or a beaver, If there are any around for easy taking, I'll strap my canoe on my truck just in case. I like to do grouse and rabbit with a .22 pellet gun a Crosman 1322 American Special with a shoulder stock and a steel breech. It's not the most powerful pellet gun out there but it just might be the most accurate. Ducks and Beaver I'll use my 410.

If you guys don't eat beaver your missing out, both kinds actually.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
A mans got to make a living regardless of what prefix the day starts with, I hope you have good shifts.
should be pretty groovy. Sometimes it's hard not to take over time. Getting paid more for easier work with a lower standard to keep to.... Plus I get to work with Al and Al is a cool guy. Not sure who else I am working with then but... The worst one I have worked with was at least entertaining in his grumpy old manness.

Reactions: Frog Snacks

Frog Snacks

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2023
should be pretty groovy. Sometimes it's hard not to take over time. Getting paid more for easier work with a lower standard to keep to.... Plus I get to work with Al and Al is a cool guy. Not sure who else I am working with then but... The worst one I have worked with was at least entertaining in his grumpy old manness.
I'm not allowed to work normal overtime in the mine I work in but I work 12 hour shifts with 2 hours of drive time, my only real bonus is holidays, holiday pay is double time and a half, and I make about 85$/hour on normal pay.

• Wow
Reactions: anotherbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
I'm not allowed to work normal overtime in the mine I work in but I work 12 hour shifts with 2 hours of drive time, my only real bonus is holidays, holiday pay is double time and a half, and I make about 85$/hour on normal pay.
I kind of like holiday pay. I've never really gone in for holidays that much so it's kind of a nicer day of work with more pay.

Reactions: Frog Snacks

Frog Snacks

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2023
I kind of like holiday pay. I've never really gone in for holidays that much so it's kind of a nicer day of work with more pay.
I'm sure they scam me somehow the way it actually looks is I get 38.64/hr and 45/hr "bonus" I'm not sure what it means or why but that's what it looks like on my stubs. I'm relatively new to mining and I have a lot of debt so I'm not as loaded as I will be someday. I used to own my own heating company but the Canadian gov't crashed that and made that life unlivable for me, and I was a heavy addict alchohol gambling and various drugs and I aquired a lot of debt that I'm still working to clear up. But there's bright skies ahead.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
I'm sure they scam me somehow the way it actually looks is I get 38.64/hr and 45/hr "bonus" I'm not sure what it means or why but that's what it looks like on my stubs. I'm relatively new to mining and I have a lot of debt so I'm not as loaded as I will be someday. I used to own my own heating company but the Canadian gov't crashed that and made that life unlivable for me, and I was a heavy addict alchohol gambling and various drugs and I aquired a lot of debt that I'm still working to clear up. But there's bright skies ahead.
sometimes just getting away from the darkness is awesome in it's own way.