What White Lies Were You Told as a Child or Have You Told Your Children?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Eat your mushrooms Julian"
"But I don't like mushrooms"
"You never had mushrooms before"
"I know, because I don't like them"
Clip round the ear
"Now eat your mushrooms, you'll stop growing if you don't"

And one of my sisters was told she'd if she didn't eat her boiled eggs she'd never grown any boobs when she got older!

Parents can be such liars :oops:

Regards,

Jay.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
It was a routine, common rail accident on April 30, 1900 in Vaughn, Mississippi.

The only casualty was engineer John Luther “Casey” Jones, who was killed by a board entering the cabin. The story could have easily been forgotten.

Don’t you tell me, there ain’t no Jesus.:)

Because on the 368 Cannonball Express high balling it’s way South that evening at 90 miles an hour, and making up lost time, was a fireman named Sim Webb as black as the coals he shoveled, and with his dying words, Casey said:

You’d better jump, Sim, jump, or we’ll all be dead!

And Sim Webb did jump, and lived to tell the story.

From all that grew the greatest secular tradition in the old time Christian Church of my youth. Every April 30, was Hero’s Day.

When your Master’s call comes, will you stay steady on your posted station, so that others, might live?

Casey Jones died for others,

Would you?

Reactions: JOHN72

Maierar

Lurker
Sep 9, 2019
A lie is a lie regardless of is “color”. My parents didn’t tell them to me, nor did I to my children. I do recall being told ( and telling my kids), “I don’t know. Let’s look it up.”

Reactions: FLDRD and JOHN72

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
The smoke that comes out of factories.... those are cloud factories. I was told that and told it to my youngins too.
We have an orange juice plant in our area and told our kids that. They got to where they would crane their necks to watch in awe as the white smoke/steam rose up. Now the grand-kids are "learning" about clouds too.

Reactions: Streeper541

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
It was a routine, common rail accident on April 30, 1900 in Vaughn, Mississippi.

The only casualty was engineer John Luther “Casey” Jones, who was killed by a board entering the cabin. The story could have easily been forgotten.

Don’t you tell me, there ain’t no Jesus.:)

Because on the 368 Cannonball Express high balling it’s way South that evening at 90 miles an hour, and making up lost time, was a fireman named Sim Webb as black as the coals he shoveled, and with his dying words, Casey said:

You’d better jump, Sim, jump, or we’ll all be dead!

And Sim Webb did jump, and lived to tell the story.

From all that grew the greatest secular tradition in the old time Christian Church of my youth. Every April 30, was Hero’s Day.

When your Master’s call comes, will you stay steady on your posted station, so that others, might live?

Casey Jones died for others,

Would you?
What ARE you going on about?
Seems like every post you make is an excuse to torture us with another country & western song.