PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I don't tolerate the blends with "kitchen spices" very well.
That deduction is based on the very small sample group of blends I've had to give away.
Two, so far. Angler's Dream (cinnamon) and Maltese Falcon (ginger).
jay-roger.jpg

alsatmem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2019
Lane BS-005. Hands down horrific. I assume it’s literal bull shit that has been burned 4 times then mixed with fresh buffalo shit and bagged once it stopped steaming. It got 000 on my 1-5 scale. And full disclosure I am a fan of many Lane blends.

As said though, there are some others I found to be tasty that caused physical illness for other folks.

Different strokes. I’m glad we currently have so many options!

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
This is a tough question. I don't really think this is bad tobacco, but The Artful Codger made it sound so good that I HAD to try Velvet. To me, it smells like the paste we used in kindergarten.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Stonehaven. It reminds me of this nasty black treacle cough medicine we were given as kids.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I' with Craig -- I tried Velvet once. Actually, *half* of once. I left what was left of the stuff on a bench in the park. No idea what ever happened to it. And like John (jpm), that was 50 years agoi. If you remember something as bad for that long, it was really really badddd indeed.
Bill

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@ Bill Nichols wasn't Velvet the stuff that was once advertised for both Pipe and RYO cigarettes? I tried it once and it sort of reminded me of sucking the farts out of a Swan taste wise! :rofl:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Two, so far. Angler's Dream (cinnamon) and Maltese Falcon (ginger).

Is that what the mysterious spice is in Maltese Falcon? I would have never have guessed that. I love MF but I could never quite put my finger on that mysterious spice... I’ll have to taste it again with ginger in mind.
Condor thats the one War Horse Green is supposed to be condor; i've never tried condor.

War Horse Green, tastes nothing like the almighty Condor. Don’t pass Condor up based on your dislike for War Horse. Although rumors are about that the new Polish Condor is not what it used to be, I’ve been gifted some Polish made Condor Plug and Long Cut and they tasted like the real deal to me but I am still happy that %99.99 of my stash was made in Ireland.
As for my “no-go” tobacco blend (if you can even call it tobacco) is Molto Dolce. That stuff is nasty! If this is your favorite blend than ya may as well just take up vaping.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
because his mother gave him obscure cough medicine
That was our grandmother. To her, even groundhog grease was a medicinal miracle. After a while, my siblings and all of the cousins had to be at death's door before we would dare to admit we were sick.

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
craiginthecorn, I always thought that paste smelled, and occasionally tasted, decent. Maybe I need to give velvet a try :nana:

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
So far, I'd have to say BriarWorks Pete's Beard Blend. It just didn't really work for me. Felt like the individual flavors didn't jive really well together. I have it in a jar and will likely let her sit there for a while and see if it's any different in a year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.