Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
First pipe was one my Grandfather gave me when I was 5 or 6 years old, a small bent stem pipe that I was fascinated with. Don’t remember what make it was or what ever happened to it. The first pipe I bought and smoked was a Dr. Grabow Viking bent stem, similar to the Falcon pipes, purchased in 1971 and I smoked it for years before passing it along to a friend in the early 90’s when I bought the Mastercraft in the attached picture , which I still have and smoke regularly.172D1B3A-B9E3-4253-913D-CB676D5E7438.jpeg

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
Here’s mine. Bought it at the Walgreen’s by our old neighborhood circa 1998-2000. Can’t recall exact date or which tobacco I purchased with it. But my dad was super excited and promptly supplied me with all his favorite blends (all aromatics), and a 7 ounce tin of Flying Dutchman. (I thought he loved me until that happened. Lol.) I still have it. It still smokes terribly. But I love it. (The pipe, not Davy Jones’ ship.)

Edit: when I say smokes terribly, I mean you absolutely cannot sip this pipe. It’s more like sucking on a milkshake. Took me a while to unlearn some bad habits.
F3945CF1-2251-4D4D-953A-AFCE3662228A.jpeg

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia
As just starting smoking pipe, thinking not to spend too much in this hobby, my first pipe was a pipe made of ebony wood i ordered from a China vendor through online shopping. The brand they put is Lubinski, I think it's a replica, but it's quite finely done. It cost only $23 for a starter kit. Not long after that, after knowing a lil more about pipes, I decided to get a slightly more expensive pipe. I bought a Dr. Plumb pipe from a local tobacco shop, made of briar wood. And, not long after that.... I was thinking to get another slightly more expensive pipe, I bought a Peterson System Standard from another local tobacco shop who sells slightly expensive pipes. I am still using the Lubinski replica now, but most of the time, i stick to Dr. Plumb and Peterson :)IMG_20220104_025129.jpgIMG_20220104_025525.jpgIMG_20220104_025655.jpg

clynch

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2013
Pensacola Florida
1983 USS Yellowstone Norfolk Va. Purchased a Savinelli 606 KS for $45. from Tinderbox at the mall. Along with a pile of their aromatics. Didn't know what I was doing and had no issues bowl after bowl. I was a cigarette smoker at the time. Now I'm somewhat educamated, no cigarettes, and playing with bite while I relearn and find a tobbac I like. Glad I found this forum. Still smokes fine. I had a pipe hiatus of almost 40 years.

Attachments

• savinelli 606 ks.jpg
    savinelli 606 ks.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 3