PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Make sure you post a picture of the prize Dan. I am glad people on here send you tobacco since the idea of you smoking cigar clippings and cigarette butts is just too horrible to contemplate lad.
@condorlover1 Many thanks for your reply; I will!
My presentation has been delayed due to Covid-19 isolation; I've been smoking some St. Bruno Flake in my clay pipe; I thought of you when I smoked a clay pipe of Condor...
I've uploaded another video today:
Hope you are well and hope to hear from you soon.
I'll be having a puff on the clay when I go to the Pirate Festival at Matlock Bath next week; not wearing the red coat though as they're the enemy!!!

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
My great grandfather smoked 5 brothers or black cavendish...I remember catching a whiff here and there as a sprout, smelled amazing. My grandmother still makes sure that I light up a pipe when she comes by -she'll even take a few puffs! Definitely had an effect.

Really, though, I was driving to a night shift a few years ago and thought 'what's up with smoking a pipe?' ...I've been a pot smoker forever, I figured some of those 'skills' might transfer over. ...aaaaand a pipe nerd was born...

Reactions: ak2000

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
The beauty of them really. I had been smoking cigars for years and would see them at the shops. I bought a Bjarne Viking Classic based on looks and a bag of aromatic and non aromatic. Tried several and it just didn’t click right. Pipe sat for 12 years or so. Then an online member in a gaming group made them on the side. I loved the grain and everything. It stuck in my head. I was on cigar bid and buying some cigars and saw a round tin that turned out to be pipe tobacco. I figured $5 sure… it was Lane 1-Q and when it came, I’d forgotten about it. I busted out the pipe and this time, it really clicked. I got some Plum Pudding and a couple others and stopped cigars in about a week. I’ve got a big cabinet now of cigars aging and went into the deep end of pipes. 2 years of nothing but. Smoking, collecting, making and restoring full time now. That was a bit long but just funny how quick I went into it being the main part of my life aside from Family. It’s work and hobby/passion etc.

Reactions: Bengel and OzPiper

aspiring_sage

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2021
West of the Twin Cities, MN
I'm currently enjoying that thread as well :)

While I enjoy your comments, and I don't have a better answer, I must state that spiritual aspect was not consciously part of why I started smoking a pipe.

I did feel the need to comment on your fine words though. "Like" emoji didn't quite cut it.
Maybe we need a "slow and approving nod" emoji.

MacMarty89

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2021
Greater Eindhoven Area, Netherlands
My grandfather smoked pipes. I inherited some of his when he passed away many moons ago. I took up pipe smoking after that and first learned how to smoke a pipe through YouTube. I took me well over five years to get my technique down and am I still learning after 10+ years. I think you never stop learning and I am always trying to perfect my technique.

Reactions: aspiring_sage

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
My grandfather was a pipe smoker. After he passed, my dad let me pick out a few of his pipes to have. That was the beginning of pipe smoking for me.

Reactions: TheWhale13