PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
A bit late to this but just in case OP is still checking answers....

I only ever smoke outdoors. I will usually have a small pipe bag (Peterson2-pipe) or a pipe roll (Sorringowl) with me (which depends... ...not sure what it depends on but for some reason I gravitate to the Peterson bag at weekends if I am out with my wife and the pipe roll at all other times since it fits into a side pocket on my usual edc rucksack).

If I'm sitting and smoking then the tamper simply goes back in the bag/roll as is (never really occurred to me to clean it regularly... ...although occasionally it gets a wipe on the jeans).

If I'm lunting or simply loitering in the street outside my apartment then it simply goes back in my jeans/shorts pocket as does the pipe (incidentally; if I'm popping into the bank or a shop whilst lunting I'll tamp the pipe a bit and stick it in my pocket and just hope I don't catch fire).

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Bowie

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
funny thing about the internet is how much it allows for jerks to really up their jerk game or in other words gentle ribbing may come across a lot worse then it really was intended. As a preamble towards more abusive behavior. Or something like that. It's hard to say. Maybe they just realized we're not as cool as fictional characters like Sherlock Holmes or Mark Twain make us look and they got out while they could. Just saying watch e-bay for some almost new pipes. Seriously though hope the OP looks around and sees that while we might be silly we're rarely mean.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
A fellow stops in at the local breakfast diner, walks over to the old farts’ table, and asks them for the best way to tie his shoelaces.
“Son, we wear boots.”
“My boots don’t have laces.”
“I only lace my boots half way up, wrap the around behind to take up slack, and tie a double bow in front. “
“I lace mine all the way up, with my pants tucked inside.”
“I wear pull-on Wellingtons, and wear flea collars on each one to protect against chiggers and elephants,”
Then there’s Jed, over in the corner, mumbling something about “...a pretty mouth.....”
The fellow learned lots of good information; the best was to steer clear of ‘ol Jed.

funny thing about the internet is how much it allows for jerks to really up their jerk game or in other words gentle ribbing may come across a lot worse then it really was intended. As a preamble towards more abusive behavior. Or something like that. It's hard to say. Maybe they just realized we're not as cool as fictional characters like Sherlock Holmes or Mark Twain make us look and they got out while they could. Just saying watch e-bay for some almost new pipes. Seriously though hope the OP looks around and sees that while we might be silly we're rarely mean.
You'd think someone would scan through a few threads to check to see what the water temp is before just jumping in.

Maybe we're wrong. Maybe he is just taking a break from us. puffy

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
Weird sequence of events with the OP’er. He was also the guy that asked what “PPP” meant and got all fired up there too. It seems he may be gone, but no one called him names, made fun of him, or abused him in any way. What an odd set of expectations, that we would give concise, precise answers only and if any tomfoolery comes out he’s offended. Perhaps the breathing holes in the plasticmask are too small and restrictive?

Last edited:

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Welcome to the internet! Where you will meet wise elders, irrefutable nerds, plenty of trolls, the occasional wizard, and folks that manage to be all of the above rolled into one. If you're lucky, you may get a chance to ride a unicorn once or twice, I say as I load a bowl of McClelland Orient 996 into my 60's? Peterson Churchwarden, both of which I would never have gotten the opportunity to own if I hadn't come to this forum with a good sense of humor!

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Guys, I think we scared this guy away... his profile tag now says guest?
That's odd. I thought you were either a member (whether posting or non-posting or long gone) or an Anonymous (banned). We now have in-betweens with the new platform? Can members now unregister themselves? ? Throughout my nigh 21 years experience on Internet forums, accounts deactivation/deletion were solely the province of the staff.

Reactions: BROBS and rushx9

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I bet you're a lot of fun in grocery stores. Ha ha. puffy
You should see me when some bitch goes through the speed line set for 11 items with a shit load of stuff. My first question is always do you know how to add? If they answer yes then I say so you are just being a bitch because that is your nature? If she says she didn't realize she had so many items and ix contrite, I will politely ask her to review her remedial math.