PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

luigi

Can't Leave
May 16, 2017
Europe
I'm choosing my 2nd Peterson since I realised I liked p-lip. What do you think about straight pipes with p-lip, are they somehow inferior to bent ones?

Reactions: jpmcwjr

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Did you smoke it?

If not (or even if you did) and you have any reservations about the coating (and I really don't but now I remove it) it's easy to remove.

Today at lunch I finally opened a package that had a new Peterson. I started removing the bowl coating at 11:52 and was done at 11:56 so 4 minutes and a few seconds was the total time it took. Hot water and scrunched bits of paper towel, then a little bit of sanding with 200 grit, another damp wipe, a little soap and water on the stem and a quick flush and a couple of cleaners through it! Difficult ones - 5 minutes, lol!

It's a routine now, but I enjoy it and like seeing the briar revealed.

TheCROW

Lurker
Feb 11, 2020
I still haven't smoked it because I'm waiting to get home.
I don't think I will bother removing the coating cos it seems smooth just like my other pipes I smoked without removing it. So I don't think it will affect the taste.
On another hand, as I was browsing around pipe shops and checking other pipes in my hands, I came across some Petersons which had a very odd, rough and somewhat brittle coatings, I assume those were the ones giving problems....
Thank you for info though! Much appreciated.