What Time of Day do you Enjoy your Pipe the Most?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

GothPiper

Might Stick Around
Jun 28, 2021
Las Vegas, NV
Evenings in the spring/ summer, days in the late fall/winter.

This is my first year of pipe smoking, and as the weather gets cold at night, I'm finding the need to switch to daytime. Bonus: just discovered the joy of coffee & a smoke together for the first time!

Reactions: FLDRD

jwussow

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 7, 2021
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
I am too busy during the day for a pipe. My favorite time is when work is done, dinner is complete, and I can just relax without interruption. In the summer (in Wisconsin), it is on our patio. In the late fall/winter, it is in our garage with a propane heater, but that is only once and a while due to the cold.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
There are two perfect times, ante meridiem and post meridiem.
Agreed!

Many times I find myself smoking right through the transition from a.m. to p.m. It's an immensely turbulent time, but as the duration is immeasurably small- or some think, non-existent- I don't notice it at all.

• Haha
Reactions: lochinvar

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I smoke outside exclusively and I like sunshine, so early to mid afternoon are my favorite times. There are times when I come home at night from an absolutely bat-shit crazy day at the hospital where I will decompress with a pipe as I need that quality quiet and alone time that comes with the witching hour.
wait you're trying to tell me there are some not bat shit crazy days at the hospital? What kind of fairy tale hospital you working at?

Reactions: crawdad

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
actually don't do it a lot and if I didn't it wouldn't be my favorite. But the nightcap smoke. Right before bed while relaxing and getting ready for bed. Something about that one is grand. It's the one time you can really almost totally shut your mind off and just focus on the pipe. Not worry about the other thoughts that float in. Also seems to help me have more vivid dreams or at least more vivid recall of those dreams. And seriously dreams are underrated. Some of the most amazing things I've seen have been in dreams. Like that swamp with mangroves so dense you didn't have to touch the water.