What Pipe would You Like to have Back? Why?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
I've never sold (or lost a pipe) yet\; however; around 20 or so are with all the rest of our household stuff and I hope it all makes it Brazil!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
An early Luigi Viprati "rocce" natural finish Hungarian/Oom Paul that I only smoked a few times. It was actually a fantastic looking and smoking pipe.

TheDesertPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2021
Arizona
I haven't been in the game long enough, or I suppose amassed enough pipes to have had to let any go. I really hope I never get to the point.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
The dr grabow grand duke that was the second pipe I ever bought. Shank cracked and I didn’t know about banding so I tossed it. It was the first briar pipe I ever bought so I wish I had it for nostalgias sake.

Reactions: AroEnglish

wayneteipen

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Only one....a Rad Davis sandblasted Zulu with Cumberland stem. I was downsizing several years ago and never smoked it because I feared scorching the beautiful smooth rim because I couldn't see the rim when I lit it the way it slanted away. It was a beautiful pipe and smoked like a dream. I'd smoke the heck out of it today if I still had it.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Just the one I lost...never had the parable of the lost sheep been more applicable.

I'm in the same camp as mortonbriar. The first pipe I ever bought was a Stanwell second called a Danish Sovereign. I bought it back in 1971 from a local tobacco shop. Exactly 20-years later in 1991 I accidentally left it on the table at a restaurant (back when you could still smoke a pipe after a fine dinner). I went back an hour later when I discovered what I had done but the pipe was gone and never recovered. And here it is 40 years after buying that pipe that I still tear up thinking about losing my first ever pipe!

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I'm in the same camp as mortonbriar. The first pipe I ever bought was a Stanwell second called a Danish Sovereign. I bought it back in 1971 from a local tobacco shop. Exactly 20-years later in 1991 I accidentally left it on the table at a restaurant (back when you could still smoke a pipe after a fine dinner). I went back an hour later when I discovered what I had done but the pipe was gone and never recovered. And here it is 40 years after buying that pipe that I still tear up thinking about losing my first ever pipe!
Maybe they will turn up on a shelf in an antique store sometime...wait, did you start your consignment store purely to find back the lost sheep? Playing the long game, that's commitment!

myhyeung

Lurker
Aug 9, 2021
Hongkong
A Peterson Aran bent billiard with a p-lip, it was my one and only p-lip, hated its guts so i sold it. Now I wonder from time to time would I still hate the p-lip as much as I did before, and it would be nice if that ones around so I can know for sure, yet am not bothered enough to get another lol.

burleybreath

Lifer
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
My best smoking, most loved pipe of all time was a Jean Lacroix Diamant straight billiard of perfect size, replete with typical (for the marque) straight grain and a fill or two. I could smoke garbage in it and it would taste great. Lost it somewhere in the Adirondacks around 1978 and the pain still hurts. I still look for it once in a while, but hope is beginning to fade.