What Pipe Would You Buy if You Had $200 to Spend?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
For under 200.00 if I couldn't steal an American artisan pipe I would look at the lower line of Winslow pipes. I would also check their hand made estate pipes that can range from 200-300. I once owned half a dozen Winslows and all were great smokers. I unloaded them as the acrylic was to tough on my teeth. Most people handle acrylic quite easily. Check Ebay for their hand mades They are graded E the lowest price and to A their highest pipe and once in a great while you will see a private collection model but they are rare.

Reactions: JOHN72 and Fralphog

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
I’m often eyeing Radices that are at or under the $200 mark. But higher quality Petersons and Savinellis (especially Punto Oro Gold) are tempting as well. Or if I can find the lower priced Ashtons, that’s close enough to $200 to make them serious considerations, if I had 200-300 to burn.

Reactions: JOHN72 and OSOBUCO
Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I've tossed some briar chips a few times. I'll show um when I have a few more done. It's such a hands on thing especially if you don't have a lathe or bandsaw handy. I started with a dremel and now I'm addicted and cant stop!!!.
I’m almost $6,000 invested in various tooling, finishing and material for what’s been basically pipes for myself ?‍♂️.

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
I’m almost $6,000 invested in various tooling, finishing and material for what’s been basically pipes for myself ?‍♂️.
I'm yet to spend over a couple grand but that's about to change when I get the metal lathe. The wood lathe wasn't bad ($400) but I want some silver and exotic woods and what not. So the metal lathe is next on my list. I figure If i don't want to spend that money on 1 Ivarrson or S. Bang etc, I can try and make 1 myself. Yes, it won't have the big name but it'll have my name, and that's pretty damn cool to me.

SmokeClouds

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2019
New York
I would buy pipes by Radice, Posella or Jacono, new would fit the budget. As estates, Cavicchi or Ruthenberg. Pipes that I own from these artisans smoke fantastic so far.

Reactions: JOHN72 and RobNYC

aspiring_sage

Oct 7, 2021
West of the Twin Cities, MN
I'm yet to spend over a couple grand but that's about to change when I get the metal lathe. The wood lathe wasn't bad ($400) but I want some silver and exotic woods and what not. So the metal lathe is next on my list. I figure If i don't want to spend that money on 1 Ivarrson or S. Bang etc, I can try and make 1 myself. Yes, it won't have the big name but it'll have my name, and that's pretty damn cool to me.
There are some inexpensive 7” lathes that suffice for small stuff like pipes.

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia
Ya.... agree with @OzPiper , i think it's easier to go with, browse and see which brands you'd like first, maybe some brand that you didn't have before? Or, some brands that you're curious with.... Then go through and see what catches your eyes. Then only check the price. $200, you really can get a few good brands, or maybe one very good brand. For me, if the $200 is a gift, I would buy only one pipe with that price, and one that must catch my eyes first. ?

Reactions: JOHN72

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
Mark Tinsky catalogue shapes start at 175 for coral carves (think searock) and go up from there depending on the finish. He makes a quality product

Last edited:
Reactions: JOHN72