What Pipe Would You Buy if You Had $200 to Spend?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
any recommendations?????
CasanovaPipes or JasonPatrick come to mind. I just posted a Patrick commission I got. They're great to work with and very reasonable prices - and of course beautiful custom pipes.

So many makers, scroll Instagram to find what artisans style you like. I almost only do commissions now because it's affordable and I get exactly what I want. And it's a one of a kind piece.

If your interested in more artisans, dm me and I can make a list of some of my favorites within your price range

Many artisans do not wish to be inundated with orders. And, more importantly, they wish not to be bothered. Hard to believe I know but, some are happy just "doing their thing" at their pace.
i am an artisan myself. I made that below. Charged $18,000 for it. 22k gold. It appraised at $35,000. Anyway, I always welcomed the inquiries back in the day to build clientele but that’s just me. Business is business but im a humble guy that said i am particularly proud of that piece I believe it to be one of the most magnificent in history those beads are 10mm and that cross and center were custom cast the cross is over 2”45EF48D0-15B8-44FC-B858-078E1AA708C3.jpeg

Last edited:
You are a creative guy with great attention to detail. My wife, rest her soul, was a artisan beader and metal worker so, I can fully appreciate your work having watched her toil for years.
Respect and sorry for your loss. I met some great people during my time beading and wire bending and jewelry making. A wonderful group of people to be sure. Peace

Beers 'N Briars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 5, 2021
Yakima, Washington
If you’re looking for some instant gratification then a commission isn’t going to suit you. You’ll likely be waiting a few months at best. But many makers have noncommissioned pipes for sale. I’d second the idea of an estate pipe. Could land a decent Castello or Dunhill. Some of the early suggestions like a estate Rad Davis, or something like a Tinsky should be reachable at $200. Neerup also has some of the Ida Easy Cut handmade pipes are right around that range, and can be found sub $200 on SP every so often.

Reactions: JOHN72

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I couldn't spend that amount on one pipe; I could get a good few clays and something to smoke in them...
I haven't spent any money ? this week and going to Mum and Dad's for dinner on Monday (the things they've bought me and the food is payment for painting the garden furniture) and I've earned more money ? than I've spent this week:)
(Payment for the books I sold online with Ziffit.com, receipt scanning with Shoppix and my Shopmium / Quidco cashback, plus a £3 Iceland bonus).

I couldn't spend that amount on one pipe; I could get a good few clays and something to smoke in them...
I haven't spent any money ? this week and going to Mum and Dad's for dinner on Monday (the things they've bought me and the food is payment for painting the garden furniture) and I've earned more money ? than I've spent this week:)
(Payment for the books I sold online with Ziffit.com, receipt scanning with Shoppix and my Shopmium / Quidco cashback, plus a £3 Iceland bonus).
A fiscal conservative! I am as well and spending $200 on a pipe makes me a bit uneasy with so many in need these days. For most of my life I lived well beneath my means and I would rarely buy the "best" of anything and now I can afford to treat myself but it is hard sometimes. I still drive my 2007 Honda Accord!!!! The front bumper is cracked and held together with zip ties - LOL.FF5E1DBD-CF19-40C2-A287-26635985D2AB.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I try not to have anything in mind or I'd buy a pipe every week. Two hundred dollars is a sweet spot. You can get some artisan pipes for that -- estates, young carvers who still have moderate prices, or award-winning carvers at the end of the pipe show. You can get some new more up-market Savinellis, Petersons, Stanwells, etc., which are worthy. And of course, you can buy two mid-price factory pipes, work horse pipes, if you shop well.