PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfe64

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2015
Ontario Canada
I have been playing guitar since I was 10 years old. Up until 2 years ago I played with a drummer and bass player and would play out in bars occasionally.

My main guitar of late is an Ibanez RG321 fixed bridge with stock pickups playing through a Peavey Classic 50 tube amp.

Backup guitar is an El Degas Les Paul copy. Great playing guitar but it weighs almost 11 LBs !!!!

I have played four 1 hour sets with it before and woke up with a sore back.
Great guitars for classic rock.
The second pic is an afternoon/early evening set we did on the patio of a bar.I was using a Godin Detour at that time.

It was great to get home at 9 pm instead of 4:30 am if we do the night gig !!!
Mark

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Keyboards, primarily organ. With electronic instruments, I lean toward jazz, but played liturgical and classical music on pipe organ. I'm looking into a new instrument, but due to my schedule, I haven't played much in recent years.
Russ

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
newbroom, those sunbursts in the back are Guilds. The smaller one is my first guitar, a 1964 M-65 and I still have the original hard shell case.
Russ, get some gear so we can jam in my basement. Someone put out a jazz album dedicated to cigars so we can do the same for pipes.

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
Sadly, I have no musical or any other artistic talent. Too left brained, I guess. I do play a mean stereo, however....

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I'm woefully out of practice, but at various times over the last 49 years I've played piano, organ, clarinet, bass clarinet, violin (briefly and never very well), drum set, hand drums (mostly djembe), and miscellaneous hand percussion (more cowbell!). My wife is a classically trained soprano, and has taken some guitar lessons.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Well done, Booker. Now it's time for Eric Johnson. This Texas boy is unreal. Listen to Cliffs of Dover and Manhattan. The Intro to COD is about 3 minutes long and then he takes off. Roscoe Beck plays bass with him. Roscoe also played on the early Robben Ford albums.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=eric+john+cliffs+of+dover&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=874F45DA0DBF21943C75874F45DA0DBF21943C75
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz2DgmBj0pM

skunk

Lurker
Oct 21, 2012
Guitar here. Buddy Guy changed my life. I like to experiment with my sounds a bit. The Edge is a big influence on my playing. The trick is to still sound like I'm still playing guitar and not some messed up sonic scientist.

ckgdrums

Lurker
May 20, 2015
Trombone, drums, guitar, bass, and I've been known to sing a little here, and there... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.