What Music Are You Listening To ( March, 2018)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
This one really shows off Randy Meisner's bass playing abilities
Thanks for those, I really enjoyed them! I really liked the line-up with Meisner in the group. I think the group was a bit callous in not including him in the reunion tours, but the inner workings of big high profile bands never makes sense to me....... too many egos............ :puffy:

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Listening to some 78 RPM sides from the July, 1944 Jazz At The Philharmonic. Here's a great jam on "Body And Soul" with Jack McVea (ts), J. J. Johnson (tb), Les Paul (g), Illinois Jacquet (ts), Nat "King" Cole (p); Johnny Miller (b); Lee Young (d).
https://www.youtube.com/embed/CiJyT-9FzWs

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Covington, Louisiana
postimg.cc
Well, the old Metal God can still sing, and put on a great show. Yeah, it's just a cover band behind him, but it was a fun evening. They played everything except Green Manalishi and Diamonds & Rust. (three from the new album). Dark Star Riders was up first, the sound was terrible, which was sad, as they played 4-5 Thin Lizzy songs, including Jail Break, my favorite. Saxon was next, Biff was unhappy with the sound as well and cut their set short. (they did get in Denim & Leather). I picked up the ticket last night via Stub Hub, $19, a deal. I was chatting with the security guy near me between sets and mentioned I wish I'd have brought some ear plugs. He has some and gave me a pair, whew, a good think as I'm getting too old to rock that loud.
29177540_2145501918799125_2025948043597053952_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.