PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Found out I fractured my hip last weekend, and need a replacement in mid-July. So, summer is basically shot for my summer activity. Bummed out a bit, but I heard this song on XM the other night. I was unfamiliar with this artist, but the song hit home and lots of folks have a lot more problems than I have had in my blessed life. Perspective, I got me some.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I’ve been listening to a lot of King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard lately. They are mind blowingly prolific and every album is really good, they are always switching up their sound. Their latest album is more thrash metal but if ya don’t like that sound, pick up a different album, they surely have something for everyone. 24 LP’s (in 13 years) and counting.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
This past week I rewatched both of Scorcese's Dylan docs...No Direction Home and Rolling Thunder Revue. Both are wonderful...but his Rolling Thunder film is hands down my favorite music/concert film/doc of any I've ever seen. I wish I could have gone to one of those shows, but this film is the next best thing. I'm so glad all of that footage was captured at the time, and was restored and edited so masterfully.

Even if someone is not a Dylan fan, this is a must see that really captures the essence of this very special and unique cultural event. There is so much to it beyond just concert footage...many interviews and snippets of all kinds of interesting behind the scenes and on the road stuff...also including the Hurricane Carter story.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Face time with my daughter this morning in Louisiana, she was wearing an Elle King shirt. I said that I love her first song, but couldn't remember the name. Tonight, at a local club, our friends randomly played it.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Metallica -Low Man's Lyric, I really like the sound of the hurdy-gurdy in this song