PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronbear

Lurker
Feb 7, 2012
Any of guys and girls ride motorcycles? mine's a triumph trident 885 sprint and if i could work out how to put pictures on here i would show you! what do you ride?......show us yours.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
2006 Shadow here mate.
bike.jpg

lifeon2

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2012
denver co
Sadly I dont have one right now but as bad as the wife is harpin on me it shouldnt be too long :) do miss the gsxr in my profile pic though.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Super Glides are the best of the non-sportster Harleys. If I was to go back to a HD, I'd hunt down and old FXR!
I love mine. Short story that bike owners will appreciate.
Mine had been down for a couple months. Between work, a starter that went bad, and installation of the S&S, I had it tore down just a bit. Got it all put together, and took it for a spin. Ended up at the local Harley dealership.
The dealership is about half bikes and half "motorclothes" and shit like that. They just about all are now days. The big one in El Paso is the same, and that is half the state away from me.
I tool in, all rumbly and obnoxiously loud, and walk inside. One of their salesmen knows me by site, although I have only bought a few parts from them, since I do enjoy looking at the bikes and the women that are there.
He starts in on me about trading "up" to an 07 Wide Glide he has. it is a nice looking bike, but mostly because it has all the bolt on crap you hang on them. Black widow looking pegs, some fancy mirrors, some after market pipes, grips, etc. Psuedo bad ass weight, mostly. But, at the core, it is a stock inject 96" motor.
He tells me what he can give me for my bike, which amounts to about half of what he would charge for the 07. Understand, I am not mad at the guy. he is doing his job, which is to move merchandise off the floor, and I am a potential sale. Maybe, he also secretly digs my bike, and wants to have it in his garage.
First thing I tell him is that my bike has all the things it has (I describe it to him). He says "that one has everything on it already". I say it is a stock motor, and fuel injected. he says, "so what, you can trick out the motor", and I say, "Yes, I can. But it is injected. Anything I do is going to call for a $500 mapping of the injection, and anything I do to mine is going to require replacement of two jets. About $10. Then I sez, "I can take your bike and do all the things I would need to do to it to get it where I want it, and I would end up where I already am."
he says, "Well, been nice talking to you, let me know if you see something you like."

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Love the bikes, one is min my plans for the next 5 or 10 years, I would love a triumph, either an american or scrambler, like the two above. Beautiful bikes guys

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
2005 Yamaha Majesty 400cc in Stealth Mode black. (Actually just flat black with matte clear coat over it.)
Some don't consider this a motorcycle but I think about it this way... It will run over 100mph, cruise all day at 70mph, get over 50mpg, carry two people and has plenty of storage.
It may be called a scooter, but it's a motorcycle in my book. :)

DSC00825.jpg

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
@ aaronbear
If you want to see how to post pics please see my reply in THIS thread.
It's the last reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.