PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I know some of you guys ride, or used to ride. Show me some bikes!
My 2004 Triumph America
Triumphmini.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I just sold my '02 America, with a very heavy heart:

But, we bought this:

And this is still in the garage, but I can't ride it like I could that America:

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I love that Triumph bobber. I'm thinking about going back to a Ducati sportbike, but I'm trying to finegle keeping the Triumph too. I have the fact that it's paid for on my side and th insirance is under $200/year for full coverage.
Lawrence, you oughta put a 95 inch kit on that Fat Boy.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
24002821119829692811536.jpg

25671921119827692761536.jpg

25772721119821692611536.jpg

05 Dyna Superglide Custom to start. It has morphed somewhat.
88 twin cam, now gone to Andrews 27 direct drive cams. SE intake and air kit. Santee short pipes. 18" Chubby bars.
As noted somewhere else, the next step is the S$S E carb. Then a wide glide front end, and probably a new rear fender. Floorboards off a Dyna Defender, etc., etc., etc.....

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
The Beemer is my 24th bike. After numerous Honda's, Yamaha's, Suzuki's, 3 Harley's, and 1 Buell (all fine bikes, by the way), I finally settled on the GSA. What an amazing machine! It just gets better with each ride. With it's 8.7 gallon gas tank, it's basically, Denver to Moab on one fillup!
I used to poo-poo BMW's, figuring they were over-rated and over-priced. I'm now a convert. It's a well engineered, solid performing motorcycle. Period.
Of course, YMMV.
CACooper

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I grew up in Germany so Beemers were everywhere. The bike I learned on was a Kawasaki LTD 440 and since then I've had a Harley, a Ducati and now the Turnip. I understand brand loyalty, especially among the old American Bikers, specifically the ones who fought in WWII and quite justifiably had nothing to do with anything Japanese, but I really don't get guys who bash other styles of bikes. I'd really like getting a BMW S1000RR. I could tear up the road on that thing!

wannafly34

Might Stick Around
Jul 7, 2011
elbandito.jpg

This is my previous bike, El Bandito. 2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200s. Had to sell her to feed the fam in between jobs. Glad to do it, but still miss riding.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Is that Kawasaki's sport/touring/off-road bike? I notice I see a lot more of that type of design lately like cacooper's Beemer and the Triumph Tiger.

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
I'm a musician and I'm paranoid about my fingers, but this is my dream bike, (if I wasn't paranoid...) current Royal Enfield C5.

Here's my car collection, thinned now to the Spitfire, in preparation for our move to the mountains. Had the Morgan for 16 years, the GT6 for 24 years, the Spitfire for 33 years.
pdmus
[/url][/img]

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Likewise! Just get you some carbon fiber armored gloves and you're good to go. I punched out a truck's mirror at about 20mph with a pair on then recorded some tracks on my bass the following Monday, no worries. I saw a Royal Enfield in a parking lot the other day and talked to the rider. Good little gettin' around bikes!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Cyndi, I used to park my Harley in my kitchen with a phone book to catch the oil drip.
That wasn't oil Baron... That was Personality! Harley's Ooooze personality. :D
The only thing not stock on my bike is the sissy bar with a Maltese Cross.

My mechanic loves when I bring it in for service... (I know... :oops: I'm mechanically declined. :oops: )

Because; like Dirty Mike says: "It's a real Harley. It ain't all hogged-up"... Funny but it always seems to take him an hour or so for the shake down ride...
icon_scratch.png

If you guys think I'm a Harley snob... Don't... If it has two wheels and your legs go on either side of the motor... well it's like pipe smoking...

If you ride, then you understand...
Guys those are some beautiful bikes!
Keep you knees in the breeze and always wear your brain bucket.... I'm a nag.

:puffy:

wannafly34

Might Stick Around
Jul 7, 2011
@Brew...love the Versys. I used to have a Suzuki V-Strom...which is its direct competitor. It morphed into a minivan :)

@Baron...indeed it is. One of these days I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.