PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
I just smoke pipes -- nondescript ones -- and couldn't offer a deep understanding of the components of the tobaccos I like if you held a gun to my head. I also like bourbon, and likewise couldn't give you an in-depth analysis of the qualities of the bourbons I like. I'll comment on observations others have, but beyond that I couldn't give a shit one way or the other. I guess that leans me to the 'codger' category sans the wisdom and expertise ;)

Last edited:

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
When I meet people older than me who have been smoking pipes for ages and they tell that they are still learning, or that every day they learn something new, that pipe-smoking is sort of an art or a subject no one can ever master, etc., I honestly cannot believe my ears. And you guys know why this is? Let me tell you why, because they could not care less about tobacco. Smoking a pipe means different things to different people. Now call me obnoxious if you like.

Fiddlepiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
When I meet people older than me who have been smoking pipes for ages and they tell that they are still learning, or that every day they learn something new, that pipe-smoking is sort of an art or a subject no one can ever master, etc., I honestly cannot believe my ears. And you guys know why this is? Let me tell you why, because they could not care less about tobacco. Smoking a pipe means different things to different people. Now call me obnoxious if you like.
Yawn.

mithridate

Might Stick Around
Jun 12, 2018
Central Ostrobothnia, Finland
Humorous...
Besides, I still would like to know your definition about into which category I fall... I failed to gategorize myself, and that being subject of this thread, please give a hand there.

Reactions: rushx9

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
I'm a poser for sure. I pose naked in front of my mirror every day.
You know we could do a calender. Pipes magazine.com's Smokers in the Buff, sounds pretty good to me. I'd pose mostly nekkid for a calendar, if it was for a good cause, and our sponsors provided the tobacco!

Hell, I am willing to pose mostly nekkid for a lot of things! So long as it's for charity. Or a certain tall skinny redhead...

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
You know we could do a calender. Pipes magazine.com's Smokers in the Buff, sounds pretty good to me. I'd pose mostly nekkid for a calendar, if it was for a good cause, and our sponsors provided the tobacco!

Hell, I am willing to pose mostly nekkid for a lot of things! So long as it's for charity. Or a certain tall skinny redhead...
Smoking and drinking, spicy sausages dresses.............????

Reactions: edger

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
I’m a young man and proud to be an old soul. I’m also new to pipes. I guess I’m a codger in training or am I a grumpy poser lmao ?