PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Tank size is fine. Mine last quite a while, but I don't use just one lighter a day. Several weeks, usually.

Do you exhaust the propellant every now and then?

An update on my 2 ST Dupont Chinese clones after several months use, they need refilling almost every day with regular use, I presume either, because they have a small tank or they leak a little. But nice looking and good working lighters when pipe smoking socially. Good buys.

Reactions: MrTom

MrTom

Lifer
Oct 20, 2019
Liverpool, UK.
I have been using mine for a few months and they work ver very well. I love the fit and finish. Fuel for me lasts weeks, bu I only have one bowl per day, and not necessarily everyday. I also switch up between two of these and a Kiribi.

I am glad yours is working out well, but surprised they need such quick refilling.
I find them excellent lighters, but not my regular Goto lighters. I've tended to leave them laying around unused, then after filling them use them regularly for a few days every now & then. So perhaps my criticism that they need refilling quite often is unfair, compared to using them as your regular Goto lighter. But that is what I found after by using them periodically after leaving them unused.
Highly recommended lighters.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I have tried a Colibri Pacific Air... it broke
ST Dupont knockoff ... it broke

I mainly use wooden matches for the first part of the bowl, a Bic for the last of the bowl.
But today, I decided to get fancy and get this Old Boy

001-068-0222.jpg

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
I’ve got a Lotus Vertigo Puffer that I got from a local shop, and a Kiribi Mikazuki that costs four times as much. I was annoyed to find myself using the Puffer more...but it’s got built-in tools and is more convenient outside or while on the go than wrangling a separate lighter and pipe tool. I should’ve thought about that before I bought the Mikazuki.

Status
Not open for further replies.