PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
You are an IMCO man Bill? Well I'll be.

I just picked up this NOS IMCO streamline which hopefully won't waste as much fuel as my Zippo.

View attachment 29761View attachment 29762
Aaaayup. I like the little Imcos from spc. I don't feel so bad when I lose or break one. I lose them out of pants pockets about as often as I do knives. I usually have a couple in boxes in case ye olde fauxpont isn't handy.

guylesss

Can't Leave
May 13, 2020
Brooklyn, NY
Maybe I'm taking brand loyalty (not to mention the whole vintage thing) a bit overboard, but my favorite, used daily, is a 1960s Dunhill Aldunil--a model made in France that might have only been available at the Paris store. At least if cleaned regularly and fed a diet of Dunhill butane, it's even as reliable as a Bic, and lights in doors every time.

Attachments

• Dunhill Aldunil Nightcap 5103 Millenium .jpg
    Dunhill Aldunil Nightcap 5103 Millenium .jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 9
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
You are an IMCO man Bill? Well I'll be.

I just picked up this NOS IMCO streamline which hopefully won't waste as much fuel as my Zippo.

View attachment 29761View attachment 29762
If you get tired of buying the little overpriced squirt bottles of Zippo fluid, just go to the hardware store and buy a quart of VM&P naphtha. Costs about $7.00-$8.00. Cut off the cap, and pop on a Ronsonol squirt top. Lighter fluid from now til the cows come home.
E4D3A7CA-E478-4DF3-AE29-8FE4DD213E96.jpeg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
My Vertigo lighters serve me well @ $15 each.View attachment 36139
Interesting! How big is the tank? Acquired online, or where?

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) and which will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, etc., etc..

Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state.

Spavilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 6, 2020
Gulf Coast of Florida
Interesting! How big is the tank? Acquired online, or where?

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) and which will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, etc., etc..

Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state.
I believe I purchased my first from P&C (Checked, now $17.99). Second from Ebay for $15 flat incl shipping. I consider the tank ample, certainly as compared to the Zippo butane insert which was an unmitigated disaster. I like the faux leather feel in my hand.

Blackbeard_

Lurker
Jul 31, 2020
Aus
An IMC Pipemaster is my main go to.

If it’s windy I’ll use the zippo or nimrod.
sometimes matches but quite rarely

Status
Not open for further replies.