What Is Your Favorite English or Balkan Blend Right Now?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Have to admit, I like Penzance best when fresh. I have a jar of it from 2011, and it has lost that lovin’ feeling. The only thing that comes close to me is SPC Plum Pudding. Now Margate is really good, as is Wilderness, and My remaining stash of Chief Catoonah’s Princes Street, and the McClelland blend: Balkan Blue. Jeez, I could go on all day.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
This thread is going to make me break into my sacred stash of Yenidje Highlander.

vokaa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2017
I'm loving my Balkan Delight currently but also my Nightcap!

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
This thread is going to make me break into my sacred stash of Yenidje Highlander.

How is yenidje highlander versus yenidje supreme? I have two aged tins of supreme I have been saving..

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
How is yenidje highlander versus yenidje supreme? I have two aged tins of supreme I have been saving..
Highlander is discontinued, and Supreme doesn't have any Latakia in it. I like both very much, but prefer Highlander's incense notes. Other than the Latakia, I would liken both to Red Cake with delightful sour notes.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
Yenidje Highlander, hands down. I have a decent stash, but need to rotate in some of my other lat blends, as YH is pretty much all I am smoking right now.

whitesands77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2016
Denver USA
Well, of Balkans I think my top 5 are:
Tashkent

Penzance

Oriental 40

Skiff

Astley's 99
The order depends on my taste for the day too.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Now TAD is setting in and I think I better order some Highlander before it's too late.

I’m pretty sure it’s already too late, isn’t it?
Edit* just saw that P&C has it in stock! Cool, go get it, hurry!

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Thanks to the generosity of forum member I was able to try C&D Black Frigate.
I smoked a couple bowls last night, and I found it to be a very nice tobacco. I would consider it more of a Balkan blend even though there is the rum flavoring. What I found interesting about the blend was that some puffs had the smoky and spicy notes from the Latakia and Turkish Orientals; while other puffs had tastes of the rum flavoring. It made for a very nice smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.