PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Is apple jack an apple pucker? Or just something i havent heard of?
Disregard. Something i havent heard of

Aug 14, 2012
Right now I am restricting my self to a few (2-3) drinks, once a week. In the past some favorites were Johnnie Walker Double Black,neat or rocks, water on the side; Plymouth Gin Martini, gin a 2-3 drops of Martini & Rossi Dry with a large pimento olive and ice; Harvey Wallbanger, a Stoli screwdriver with Galliano floated on top. Any good cognac; well aged calvados (preferably from the 19th century); 100% Beaujolais, not often available; Chivas 12 or 18 year with Bass ale on side..

estumpf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2013
With family, Cordon Rouge. For myself, Laphroaig, neat, with a little Scottish Highland water on the side just to stretch it along.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Depends on the celebration - single malts are always good, though I'm enjoying various rum-based drinks lately. Currently drinking a Dark and Stormy, made with Reed's ginger beer and Kraken black rum.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Crazy good drink I discovered is cranberry juice and whisky, just cheap whisky, but damn, it's an outstanding combination if you like cranberry juice, a highly unlikely good combination. You can mix it crazy strong and it's just like drinking cranberry juice. Proceed with caution.

roudoudou

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2012
Montreal
Mirabelle (it's an eau-de-vie made from mirabelle plum). Since it was made in 1983 (and from my grandparents mirabelle trees), my stock is quite limited. I sip it religiously.
2nd:

Coal Ila

cmontes1

Lurker
Jun 16, 2013
good
06.jpg

07.jpg

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
We like to crack open a bottle of champagne for special occasions. Sometimes we mix it with gin, etc., for a French 75.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
Being as I am only 19 (soon to be 20) my celebratory beverage is a YooHoo lol.

However, when we celebrate New Years in Canada it would be Sake, as my stepfather and his dad are both Japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.