PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
Hmm, I'm pretty much considered a non-drinker but have been known to down a litre of Baileys.
And I do love to get a girlfriend to make Mulled Wine in winter, nothing like it, although our winter would be like your summer lmao.

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
My stand by is Jamesons and Gingerale doubled up... my night cap is a single malt with water... to celebrate... Vintage Port, preferably Sandemans, and from at least 30 years ago.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
Shinerbock draft. For exceptionally special occasions, we'll do flaming prairie dogs.

scotrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 24, 2011
A Manhattan, made with Canadian Club and Martini Rosso, plus of course the maraschino cherry
3 or 4 of these though and I forget what I am supposed to be celebrating

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
My normal drink is the 10-12 yo single malt, so celebrations are normally bigger. When I got into grad school my friend and I opened the HP 25 we'd bought together. God, I cant wait for something awesome to happen to one of us again so we can have another glass!

cumberland

Lurker
May 10, 2012
My favourite drinks are:
Guinness
Carlsberg Master Brew
Lagavulin single malt (just the standard 16 years)
A good strong Dry Martini Cocktail (this is what I prefer when I really want to celebrate something; for instance getting a new pipe).

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
@nsfisher....10yrs? Congrats that is a huge milestone.
Every year at xmas my wife buys me a 15yr old bottle of Glenfiddich which I keep for special times.

carlosviet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2012
Celebrating like partying or celebrating like commemorating? At home or outside?
My wild party drink is the Jagerbomb. At home, my drinks to mark an occasion are Tokaj Aszú, or Port Wine. This year I have two boxes of Tokaj Puttonyos Aszú, 2001 and Dow's Vintage Port, 2007 looking for an excuse to be drunk.

Outside, I would order a sherry; oloroso kind, preferably.
For me, scotch is a drink for a relaxed moment, and champagne an appetizer.

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
For me it is simply any grape flavored Vodka on the rocks with a side of Captain Bob's Blend. Pure and simple. That is the greatest pleasure in my life next to being with my wonderful wife with or without my pipe!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Usually single malt and a glass. For really special occasions or when I am feeling flippant, a shot of single malt in a champagne flute, fill the rest of the glass with champagne.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
I like a good scotch. Always makes me think of an old Scots man that I met at the bar one evening. He was a heck of a guy and had me rolling with laughter; a quote from him "they only blend it when it's SHITE!"

Status
Not open for further replies.