PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I'm a sour mash guy and bourbon is the elixir of all things American. Still, what a cool thread this is.
I tended bar for seven years in a relatively upscale steak house that also served hamburgers and I always dug the cats who knocked back a couple of third class beers with a choice cut. Inversely, my wife taught me to pull the cork on something fabulous when the pizza guy showed up. (You want to open a 30 year old Bordeaux for a sausage pizza? WTF? Are you kidding me?) But she was right.
Alcohol, like tobacco, is meant to be enjoyed. Pull the cork. Pop the tin. Have a snort. Have a smoke. Embrace the day....then the cellar the rest.
Fnord

mrdoody

Might Stick Around
May 3, 2012
MA, USA
for super-special celebratory occassions: Pappy Van Winkle 20 year bourbon!
Pappy_Van_Winkle_20_Year.jpg

doody!

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Makers mark perfect mannhatten with 2 dash bitter and extra cherries. Or just crown on the rocks. I have a bottle of XR that im waiting for the right time to open see my thread, man cave:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/man-cave
Who wants me to make them a drink?

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Usually start off with a Malbec (wine)... Then when you're felling good we let the imagination run.
But I'm in the process of choosing our first bottle of scotch because one of my friends is having the first child in our group of friends... So it's most likely going to be something Johnnie Walker has to offer.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
If you dont want to pony up the money for JW Blue, JW Green or Gold is a cheaper option but you will still be completely satisfied

steelman

Might Stick Around
Jun 17, 2012
Amen Mr Doody!!! Pappy Van Winkle.
Because Pappy is often hard to find in my town, I also like Russell's Reserve.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
I celebrate every evening with a couple of Manhattans. Kessler and Martini sweet vermouth. Two shots of Kessler and one shot of the Martini and Rossi sweet vermouth on the rocks with hot pickled mushrooms and my pipe, of course!_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Something me and the boys cooked up in a PI bar 38 years ago.
THE DEAD ENGLISHMAN
2 shots of Bombay Sapphire

1/2 shot Applejack

2 shakes of bitters
Sounds like hell but smooth as wind. It killed the 2 limeys we were with at the time, hence the name. We brought them back to life the next day with a couple of LBFM's and a proper beer.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I don't know if any of you are Tequila fans. But I was in my local Costco Liqour store and was deciding which new tequila to try. And while I'm browsing this guy that was chatting with the staff walks up to me and points at this bottle of tequila and says, "If you're looking for a great tequila I would recommend THIS one."
I asked him why he recommended it. And he said, "Because I make it." LOL!
He also said it was extremely smooth, no bite, and just an exceptional value for the price.
The dang thing was marked $17.99 for a 1 Liter bottle. Well hot damn it is a good value.
I told him I was a sucker for a recommendation as I thanked him and took the bottle to the checkout line.
Everything he said about this was true. It's a resposado tequila and the best one I've had to date.
It's called Caballos (Spanish for "Horses")
It's my current celebratory drink. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.