PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Over 11 years ago I switched from 30-40 cigs a day to a pipe and have not had a cigarette since.

Although I do enjoy cigars I rarely smoke those due to the higher nicotine than the blends that I smoke in my pipes. [After successfully ditching the cigs I'd hate to become addicted to cigars]

2-3 'one-hit' pipes or a small joint or two of cannabis a day not only treats my chronic nerve pain but it's anti-inflammatory qualities has slowed the progression of my 'terminal' vascular disease [Buergers disease "kills 100% of patients within 2-3 years after diagnosis" according to the experts and their medical textbooks. I've survived for over 21 years since diagnosis]

My homemade hashish is reserved for when I'm having a bad day.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Over 11 years ago I switched from 30-40 cigs a day to a pipe and have not had a cigarette since.

Although I do enjoy cigars I rarely smoke those due to the higher nicotine than the blends that I smoke in my pipes. [After successfully ditching the cigs I'd hate to become addicted to cigars]

2-3 'one-hit' pipes or a small joint or two of cannabis a day not only treats my chronic nerve pain but it's anti-inflammatory qualities has slowed the progression of my 'terminal' vascular disease [Buergers disease "kills 100% of patients within 2-3 years after diagnosis" according to the experts and their medical textbooks. I've survived for over 21 years since diagnosis]

My homemade hashish is reserved for when I'm having a bad day.
the medicinal aspect of both tobacco and some other things is very real.

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
I smoke around a pack to a pack and a half of Cigs a day with 2-3 pipes a day. I have to start my day with a cob of Crooner on the drive into work and then a bowl of whatever I feel like for the ride home. I also smoke 2-3 bowls of “other” when I’m done working for the day. And lastly maybe a cigar a week sometimes more, if I don’t have time for a pipe I’ll smoke a quick cigarillo here and there as well. As I type this I realize I smoke more then an old Astro Van lmao

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
the medicinal aspect of both tobacco and some other things is very real.
Absolutely.

I've used tobacco as a means to treat stress and depression since I was a kid.
It's so deeply ingrained that even after abstaining for around nine months [6 months of that time I was in a hospital bed] I reached for a cigarette when I reached a really low point.
All it took was one to fall off the wagon.

The one thing that I keep repeating because it's something that needs to be common knowledge, is that there's a huge difference between tailor-made cigarettes [that have a staggering 300-600 added chemicals] and natural tobacco.

Quietly puffing on a pipe [or a cigar for that matter] is relaxing and often meditative.
Stress is a known killer.

Over 21 years ago I was diagnosed with Buergers disease and given 3 years max.
Buergers disease is caused by smoking according to the medical field.

For close to ten years I tortured myself with repeated quit attempts due to worsening symptoms [When ones fingers start turning blue and purple it's quite the motivator]
Since switching from my 30-40 a day cigarette addiction to a pipe, my condition is no longer affected and in some areas, has improved [Lost my smokers cough for one thing]