PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
spliffs with my homegrown pot mixed with 3 Sails from Daughters and Ryan. An amazing replacement for expensive, lame-ass, American Spirit
You contaminate your lovely clean homegrown with baccy? Huh.
No. Just no. :eek: [I really like beer and mangos for example but I'd not ever mix the two :LOL: ]

I've known so many over the years, who claim to be non-smokers, who are addicted to the nicotine that they mix with their pot, so they smoke way more weed than they would without the nic hit.

Bet your homegrown tastes amazing without baccy.

Not ever tried American Spirit [not available here in Oz as far as I'm aware]
Wish I'd known about blends like 3 Sails for RYO when I smoked ciggies for over 35 years.
Not only much tastier than tailor-mades but most importantly, blends like 3 Sails have no added chems.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Smoked cigs for almost 30 years, very occasional cigar, couldn't get the hang of pipes back then. Now it's 3 or 4 bowls a day, burley blend in the morning half-inhaled and half-sipped, English/Balkans or VaPer past noon, Scotch snuff for when a smoke isn't possible. Very occasionally I'll lift one of my wife's unfiltered American Spirits when she won't miss one. Sometimes I inhale on a flake of OGS but haven't bought cigs of my own in a month.

Srsly. OGS is a damn fine inhale. Lol
You're the only other pipe smoker that I can recall admitting that they inhale when smoking a pipe.
I was certain that I could not be the only one. :LOL:
Inhaling for me is an integral part of the ritual every few puffs. [It's how I got off cigarettes]

Reactions: Jim Sobie

OlJawBone

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2021
California
I've known so many over the years, who claim to be non-smokers, who are addicted to the nicotine that they mix with their pot, so they smoke way more weed than they would without the nic hit.

Bet your homegrown tastes amazing without baccy.
I would never claim to be a non smoker lol. it tastes great without it but i like how it burns better with it and I'm a nicotine addict. so it goes.

Jim Sobie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2021
Allen Park, Michigan
You're the only other pipe smoker that I can recall admitting that they inhale when smoking a pipe.
I was certain that I could not be the only one. :LOL:
Inhaling for me is an integral part of the ritual every few puffs. [It's how I got off cigarettes]
Right?! I know it's not cricket. I know that one is supposed to sip and let float. And yes I am getting better at that, but Ball's Falls, man, after 3 decades of sucking down factory-sprayed turdbacco without question, you know all my little blackened alveoli are yipping for a toke of an artisan aged and blended tobacco that was lovingly crafted and packed in a twee little tin. It would be cruelty to deny them at least an occasional toot. And as for morning coffee and a cob of burley? Why hell that's every Joe Q. Lunchpail who ever hot-riveted a girder, hung a fender on a '56 Buick or rode a John Deere B down a row of sorghum. GOTTA hit that burley because if God invented anything better, She kept it to Herself. ?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Right?! I know it's not cricket. I know that one is supposed to sip and let float. And yes I am getting better at that, but Ball's Falls, man, after 3 decades of sucking down factory-sprayed turdbacco without question, you know all my little blackened alveoli are yipping for a toke of an artisan aged and blended tobacco that was lovingly crafted and packed in a twee little tin. It would be cruelty to deny them at least an occasional toot. And as for morning coffee and a cob of burley? Why hell that's every Joe Q. Lunchpail who ever hot-riveted a girder, hung a fender on a '56 Buick or rode a John Deere B down a row of sorghum. GOTTA hit that burley because if God invented anything better, She kept it to Herself. ?
Now that is some prose!! Worth a read for sure. It's all good but I italicized the part I love most.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Exactly!

The really good news is that a U.S. Surgeon Generals report found that pipe smokers who inhale have the same life expectancy as a non-smoker.
I've completely lost my smokers cough and feel so much better since ditching the cigs.

Not only am I smoking way less [from 25% to 33% compared to when I smoked cigs - because I no longer crave] I don't inhale every puff. So I really don't see it as a big deal because in all seriousness, I don't think that natural tobacco blackens the lungs.

All the research that I've done points at the 300+ chemicals that are added to tailor made cigarettes are the cause of 99% of smoking related disease.

Reactions: Jim Sobie

Jim Sobie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2021
Allen Park, Michigan
Exactly!

The really good news is that a U.S. Surgeon Generals report found that pipe smokers who inhale have the same life expectancy as a non-smoker.
I've completely lost my smokers cough and feel so much better since ditching the cigs.

Not only am I smoking way less [from 25% to 33% compared to when I smoked cigs - because I no longer crave] I don't inhale every puff. So I really don't see it as a big deal because in all seriousness, I don't think that natural tobacco blackens the lungs.

All the research that I've done points at the 300+ chemicals that are added to tailor made cigarettes are the cause of 99% of smoking related disease.
Exactly. I smoke 4 bowls a day (breakfast, lunch, after work, evening) and I have no compunctions about taking a lunger here and there. Usually it's sip sip sip inhale, pause, sip sip, pause, sip sip siiiiiip inhale, pause, etc. It's lovely. While burley has the oomph, Plum Pudding is also tasty when it's 11:30 pm on the porch and the clouds are slowly cruising by overhead. Soothing.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
All my other smoking is historical in my life. When I was about six, a buddy and I would put a mostly empty carton of his dad's Lucky Strikes in a red wagon and take it down to the construction site of a house, hide in the bushes and smoke cigarettes. I'd go home a shade of chartreuse and feeling weak, and after a few rounds of that, I was a cigarette non-smoker for life. After that, it was Have'a'Tampas in college at little study desks in the student union provided with homey lamps and ashtrays, inexpensive and suitable for a short break. Same thing in the Navy, strictly a shore liberty treat, sometimes full cigars. Pipes didn't come along until I was through grad school and married. Now I smoke pipes, about a bowl a day, almost exclusively, with the rare cigar.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
Been on a cigar kick lately. So those and I wish I could get real kreteks. The little cigars djarum blacks are nice but it’s not the same as the older djarum blacks I used to smoke in college.

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee