PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

MidnightPuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 6, 2020
Ohio
Aside from my 5 or 10 bowls a day, I'll enjoy a cheap cigar a few times a week. Anything from parodi kings to Drew estates factory smokes Maduro.

Reactions: anotherbob

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
A half dozen bowls a day and 1pack of Winston lights per week. The pipe makes the cigarettes taste better but I think the cigarettes mute some of the pipe tobacco flavors which sucks.
I’d quit cigarettes all together but they are so much easier when you don’t have much time or if you’re drinking.

Pep

Lurker
Jun 7, 2021
Sarawak, Borneo
Im between pipes, i smoke various amount of tobacco from RYO to common coffinnails to cheroots and cigars. All depends on the events, locations, time of the day's, the heat of the day/weather and ultimately the state of mind.

For coffinnails, I go for George Karelias and Sons, made by Karelia Tobacco based in Greece. Despite how much I like them, i might hafta drop them ultimately.

Kreteks from Indonesia such as Gudang Garam, my favorite is Dji Sam Soe which literally translate to 234 in a chinese dialect, Hokkien. 234 are hard to come by, and I would only get them when i visit my In-laws.

RYO such as Bison Halfwaaz is my all time favourite, I sometimes pipe em in a cheap MM OZark simply due to how wet it can gets after a few puffs.
And recently had got into an interesting savory sourness from Amberleaf Gold.
I sometimes roll em up together with some leftover pipe aromatics.

Due to the fact of trying to get me hands onto some pipe mud, I have also delved into cigars,
Im still currently experimenting with cigars with one or two of a all-so-few less than a handful of cigar folks residing in my town (two currently, i fail to find any proper cigar tobacconists aside from these two, Kamelahs and Mike) and prefer to avoid any artificial incased cigars. Partagas Super is not bad, cheap Umnum by Cordega is... okay but only to a point.

Currently, Mike also supply me cheroots which may one day replace the cigarettes that i took during work hours.

I may however go into an adventure of looking for "Tembakau Potong" and local SEA cheroots when these Pandemic is over, a few hours drive from my in-laws place has a few bits and pieces of traditional tobacco producers and rollers out inna sticks that is slowly dying out. I hope i could get to them before theyre completely dried up, i heard was from a news from 2014 2016 is that theres only less than 300 traditional cheroots rollers in the entire country, and they mainly supplies to the local Hindu Temples.

P.s. pipe smoking makes coffinnail taste a little bit off at some point.

Frasermac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2020
….not as much as I’d like!!!!!
Probably average 1 cigar per week and 4 or 5 bowls.
Note to self; must try harder?

Reactions: B.Lew

Frasermac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2020
….and I’ll add I’m another former cig addict. RYO for 20+yrs after the price started going up and up. Haven’t had a cig in over 8yrs and don’t miss them at all.
Always loved cigars but the cost in the UK is obscene so I switched to a pipe 2yrs ago and am loving it ?
I’d probably sit and smoke all day if I could ? but make do with a vape for the nic fix.

Jim Sobie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2021
Allen Park, Michigan
Smoked cigs for almost 30 years, very occasional cigar, couldn't get the hang of pipes back then. Now it's 3 or 4 bowls a day, burley blend in the morning half-inhaled and half-sipped, English/Balkans or VaPer past noon, Scotch snuff for when a smoke isn't possible. Very occasionally I'll lift one of my wife's unfiltered American Spirits when she won't miss one. Sometimes I inhale on a flake of OGS but haven't bought cigs of my own in a month.

Srsly. OGS is a damn fine inhale. Lol