PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebjrtx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 14, 2012
Hurst TX
I can’t really see the point in a 5 min pipe smoke. If you don’t inhale there’s not much nicotine. It’s as much time getting ready as smoking so that doesn’t sound relaxing. Sure pipes are forgiving about going back, but they usually taste better fresh unless the tobacco wasn’t dry enough to begin with. I do have a lot of 5 min smokes because other stuff pops up but it’s not the plan.

Reactions: stevecourtright

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Takes me 5 minutes to get ready, at least. If I only had 5 minutes to smoke I just wouldn’t bother. But if I were, I’d want a blend with strong nicotine and something that keeps well after lit. I would probably choose something like Dark Bird’s Eye or 1792 Flake in one of my small apple pipes. Or, dust the top of the bowl with some snuff and light up for a quick treat.

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
I'd say go for a cigarillo. If that's all the time you can get. I personally don't think the stop and start pipe smoking is very good. I find it taste funky and gross and also slightly flat.
Dark Birdseye, Ryback, Picayune if you got some, Kendal Dark. Those are my go to's when I don't have time. They're strong, burn clean and fast, and they're tasty.

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
roll yourself a pipe doobie, do it at work occasionally or when I have some not so tasty blends to burn through. Get some papers and get after it.
Or you can get a tiny pipe that only holds a small pinch, I dont find they burn very well though.

RookieGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2021
Maryland
I'll first stretch 5 minutes to 10, 7 as a bare minimum. 10 minutes is enough to enjoy some Five Bros in a MM Eaton, 7 minutes is bare minimum for the Bros to work. If the phone rings before those 7 minutes are up, I'll grumble and cuss like I would have if I had to stub out a cig.

sumusfumus

Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Use a miniature TOM THUMB pipe. Most have thumb-nail size bowls, and very small tobacco chambers..... SHORT SNORTERS...ditto.

Packed firmly, they work great for those short, "coffee-break" smokes.

Charlie718

Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
If I only had 5min I wouldn’t bother with a pipe. If I have 15min+ to relax then I’ll make even more relaxing with a pipe, I can always put it down (or to pocket lol) and come back to it latter.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I'd say go for a cigarillo. If that's all the time you can get. I personally don't think the stop and start pipe smoking is very good. I find it taste funky and gross and also slightly flat.
Then dry your tobacco more or don't drool down the airway.

Many folk have reported over the years that it's just fine to restart a pipe (when it's not funky nor gross!), and to do so several times with the same load.

Further: Some find it even better, and have called it "Delayed Gratification".

Reactions: Charlie718
Status
Not open for further replies.