Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
If you're a nicotine junkie, I'm not sure a pipe is the right thing for you. If I felt the need for a 5 smoke, it would be a cigarette. But I quit those 14 years ago and delighted that I did.

A pipe delivers far more than a nicotine hit. A cigarette or 5 minute smoke is like driving through fast food because you're hungry. Cheap, unhealthy and shitty food to satisfy a craving. Smoking a pipe is like fine dining. I'm not even saying either is right or wrong or one is better than the other. Use the right tool for the job at hand.

ncshawn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2021
Raleigh, NC
5 minutes is not enough for me, but If that's what I was going to do I would pack however much I thought I could smoke in that time. I don't like to relight a bowl later as I get a bad flavor usually.

Reactions: Kal

Kal

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2021
Misplaced Texan, in Ohio
I'm disabled so it's rare I only have 5 minutes. Now I only smoke outdoors not even in the car so if I'm walking in a parking lot. I'll smoke a rolled up pipe tobacco RYO.
My son asked me for one and inhaled the balken blend and almost died. But he enjoyed the flavor. Now he's trying all the blends I have, in a pipe. ?

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
I'm disabled so it's rare I only have 5 minutes. Now I only smoke outdoors not even in the car so if I'm walking in a parking lot. I'll smoke a rolled up pipe tobacco RYO.
My son asked me for one and inhaled the balken blend and almost died. But he enjoyed the flavor. Now he's trying all the blends I have, in a pipe. ?
There goes your cellar lol

stevecourtright

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2018
Evanston, IL
Lots of great comments here - thanks all. Of course, 5 minutes was a bit of an exaggeration. I really meant 6. :)

I have not often set a pipe aside and finished it later, but since I am a bit lazy, that sounds like a perfect solution. Good to hear that, at least for many of us, that doesn't ruin the later smoke.

MidnightPuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 6, 2020
Ohio
Five minute smokes sound boring. Just use snus or nicotine pouches. General and Zyn get my recommendation.

Kissel bixby

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 10, 2021
I agree with the purists on slow smoking. I am also addicted to nicotine. It's rare occasions for me to get a quick nic hit from a pipe. Ex all day with the wife at stores so I have my 4$ Missouri Meerschaum wood pipe to basically fulfill a cig break time limit. It's always my cheapest and least favorite tobacco so I am not missing out on a great experience. I inhale as well and the little pipe is far more smoother with some room note then a cigarette. If you need the quick hit don't feel bad, you will have time to enjoy a slow smoke when you get home which I always do.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
I am sorry I am not helping you when I say, as other said, that I don't care for a 5 min pipe smoking. For me the smoking of the pipe is a moment of quality time set up for relaxation, sometime meditation (sometime even about nothing) and I need a 30-60 minutes for it. If I have just 5 minutes I am taking a pipe.

Said that you already had a lot of suggestions all valid, from a tiny cob to smoking only part of a bowl. But for me I don't care about it. But if it works for you it is all fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.