What Do You Smoke Out of Your Biggest Bowl?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
I just pack whatever I feel like smoking in whatever I feel like smoking it out of lol. Although if I feel like a good long smoke I’ll pack two slices of Peterson or 3-4 slices of HH in a Rossi 8320, that bowl has plenty of room for it to expand.

OlJawBone

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2021
California
I gravity fill all of my pipes so not a lot of change happens due to compression or moisture build-up.
Ok one more question about large pipes. Seems like they would be too lrge to fold and stuff flake into, since the depth of the bowl is longer than a folder flake. Do you tub out the flakes before smoking them in large pipes?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Ok one more question about large pipes. Seems like they would be too lrge to fold and stuff flake into, since the depth of the bowl is longer than a folder flake. Do you tub out the flakes before smoking them in large pipes?
Mac Baren flakes in the one pound boxes are twice as long as the ones in the tins as well as Newminster's Superior Navy Flake. 2 1/2 of those fill the chambers in most of my pipes when folded together. For regular sized flakes, I got four fully rubbed out flakes of Rustica in this thing. Don't do that.?

20210627_065443.jpg