What Do You Smoke Out of Your Biggest Bowl?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mar 1, 2014
English and Aromatics.
Mostly English blends because you have a better chance of combining all the elements when you've got a wider chamber.

Aromatics are just cheap and easy to smoke so I like to fill a large bowl just to show off.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't keep a log, but I'd say mostly English blends like 965 and similar medium blends, or burley blends of various kinds. A big chamber usually denotes a longer smoke, so i might not choose the stronger English blends like Bayou Night or Tuggle Hall. Virginia blends usually go in medium bowls, to suit their more delicate natures.

OlJawBone

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2021
California
i got the freehand in the mail today and I think i am actually going to return it. the hole drilled in the pipe is smaller than most of my cobs, as well as the hole in the mouthpiece. It just doesn't look like it will draw as phat as the other MM cobs i have.

Reactions: JOHN72

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
i got the freehand in the mail today and I think i am actually going to return it. the hole drilled in the pipe is smaller than most of my cobs, as well as the hole in the mouthpiece. It just doesn't look like it will draw as phat as the other MM cobs i have.
You may run into this issue with many pipes. MM cobs have a wide open airway that many makers don't live up to.

Reactions: JOHN72