What Do You Like To Drink When You Smoke Your Pipe?

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

Recent Posts

jeff540

Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
Maybe it's just my taste buds or chemistry, but I don't like drinking anything when I'm smoking. I find it diminishes the enjoyment of both; some reaction between the smoke and the liquid creates a nasty overtone that lingers.

lawdawg

Preferred Member
Aug 25, 2016
I find it hard to beat a bourbon on the rocks along with a bowl of your latakia blend of choice :puffy:
Carter Hall and black coffee is also an excellent pairing. I consider that one to be a camping / outdoors classic.

madox07

Preferred Member
Dec 12, 2016
Mostly mineral water, coffee or tea, in this exact order. I try as much too keep away from alcohol during the week, during weekends if I find myself drinking with friends or family I am usually not welcome with the pipe there.

hawky454

Preferred Member
Feb 11, 2016
Tea, more specifically a good:
Irish, Scottish, English Breakfast

Lapsang (Smokey) this pairs perfect with Jackknife Plug for me.

Or

Earl Gray
In the summer it’s usually iced tea with a drop or rose water and/or orange blossom water, lightly sweetened.
I don’t drink alcohol and I rarely drink coffee but I do enjoy a cup from time to time, I just hate the lingering aftertaste it gives.
Lol. Just saw that I posted in here a month ago. Well here is a more extensive version of the teas I like to drink.

secateurs

Feb 24, 2019
coffee is the best. I don't much love iced drinks while smoking, so tap water or basement-temp beers are good. There's always bourbon or scotch. I take the good stuff straight and mix the cheaper stuff with some mineral water, maybe add a dash of bitters. Very occasionally I'll make a manhattan or old-fashioned.

recluse

Sep 11, 2011
  1. Coffee (sweet)[/*]
  2. Water[/*]
  3. Sweet Tea[/*]
  4. Mountain Dew[/*]
  5. Stout[/*]
  6. Scotch[/*]

aro222

Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Nice hot cup of coffee with the first bowl in the morning

Later on in the day I enjoy something cold

Bottle of carbonated water

Coca Cola

Ginger Ale

However ...sometimes nothing beats a good cognac

milehighpiper

Sep 10, 2018
I find that some drinks pair better with certain blends. Black coffee with a sweet aromatic, English breakfast tea with an English blends, rooibos tea with a Balkan, and water with pretty much all blends! I don't always pair my drinks with such discipline. If I am in a pissed off mood I will have a bowl of Nightcap with a double shot of unsweetened espresso and go greet the world with a big smile!

derhammer

Preferred Member
Sep 7, 2018
New Zealand
Usually just water, but quite a lot with each puff from the pipe. It is best to prevent tongue bite in my case as I can smoke up to 6 bowls a day. Don't fancy sugary drinks while lighting my pipe

cranseiron

Preferred Member
May 17, 2013
Biloxi, MS
V8. Just happened on this drink after knowing about it for ever. Never meant to pair it with a pipe, but happened upon the combination by chance. Sometimes, when smoking my mouth will get a little dry and "dusty", especially with a Burley. The V8 is a wonderful pallet cleanser and just obliterates all dryness or after taste. Yeah, I know, weird right? Works for me, though. V8 spicy tastes just like a Bloody Mary.