What Do You Like To Drink When You Smoke Your Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
Maybe it's just my taste buds or chemistry, but I don't like drinking anything when I'm smoking. I find it diminishes the enjoyment of both; some reaction between the smoke and the liquid creates a nasty overtone that lingers.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I find it hard to beat a bourbon on the rocks along with a bowl of your latakia blend of choice :puffy:
Carter Hall and black coffee is also an excellent pairing. I consider that one to be a camping / outdoors classic.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Mostly mineral water, coffee or tea, in this exact order. I try as much too keep away from alcohol during the week, during weekends if I find myself drinking with friends or family I am usually not welcome with the pipe there.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Tea, more specifically a good:
Irish, Scottish, English Breakfast

Lapsang (Smokey) this pairs perfect with Jackknife Plug for me.

Or

Earl Gray
In the summer it’s usually iced tea with a drop or rose water and/or orange blossom water, lightly sweetened.
I don’t drink alcohol and I rarely drink coffee but I do enjoy a cup from time to time, I just hate the lingering aftertaste it gives.
Lol. Just saw that I posted in here a month ago. Well here is a more extensive version of the teas I like to drink.

secateurs

Lurker
Feb 24, 2019
coffee is the best. I don't much love iced drinks while smoking, so tap water or basement-temp beers are good. There's always bourbon or scotch. I take the good stuff straight and mix the cheaper stuff with some mineral water, maybe add a dash of bitters. Very occasionally I'll make a manhattan or old-fashioned.

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
  1. Coffee (sweet)[/*]
  2. Water[/*]
  3. Sweet Tea[/*]
  4. Mountain Dew[/*]
  5. Stout[/*]
  6. Scotch[/*]

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Nice hot cup of coffee with the first bowl in the morning

Later on in the day I enjoy something cold

Bottle of carbonated water

Coca Cola

Ginger Ale

However ...sometimes nothing beats a good cognac

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
I find that some drinks pair better with certain blends. Black coffee with a sweet aromatic, English breakfast tea with an English blends, rooibos tea with a Balkan, and water with pretty much all blends! I don't always pair my drinks with such discipline. If I am in a pissed off mood I will have a bowl of Nightcap with a double shot of unsweetened espresso and go greet the world with a big smile!

derhammer

Sep 7, 2018
New Zealand
Usually just water, but quite a lot with each puff from the pipe. It is best to prevent tongue bite in my case as I can smoke up to 6 bowls a day. Don't fancy sugary drinks while lighting my pipe

cranseiron

May 17, 2013
McHenry, MS
V8. Just happened on this drink after knowing about it for ever. Never meant to pair it with a pipe, but happened upon the combination by chance. Sometimes, when smoking my mouth will get a little dry and "dusty", especially with a Burley. The V8 is a wonderful pallet cleanser and just obliterates all dryness or after taste. Yeah, I know, weird right? Works for me, though. V8 spicy tastes just like a Bloody Mary.

Status
Not open for further replies.