What Do You Like Or Dislike About An Oom Paul?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't need more than one Hungarian, but the one I have is a certain kind of perfection, as mentioned many posts above.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
For years, it was one of my favorite shapes. But, when I started drawing comic books, I found it other shapes easier to deal with, so I don't smoke mine that often these days, and I don't feel the same about them as I used to. I did always like the fact that I can get a long smoke with one.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
This time actually ON topic, believe it or don't: This is a pic of the New Dear KS that I'd mentioned so you don't have to depend completely on my description earlier --
new-der-oom-paul.jpg

Obviously it's the same basic shape that we know, but even though it's not a sitter it's not rounded & is much craggier than a blast or even a Caminetto Business finish. It's more rectangular than round, & the front is more flat than curved, even though it doesn't show well here.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I enjoy mine for what they are - great pipes for walking the dogs or working in the garage.

My exact reasons for enjoying mine. Add a P-lip and it is perfect.
Dislike. Most OP pipes I see are big and heavy. I want light and appropriately sized for hands free usage.

Reactions: jiminy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As with other bent pipes with sturdy shanks and stems, Hungarians travel well, fit tidily in pocket, and aren't slender or breakable in general. True, some may be a little too large for toting a lot, but the middleweights do just fine.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
My Szabo Hungarian is actually from Hungary. Smokes a little hot if I push it, but makes a perfect clencher. It's my driving pipe. A little smoke may get in my eyes from time to time, but the pros outweigh the cons. Love it!

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Go to the album, double-click the image, then right-click & copy the image location. Paste to Notepad or whatever text editor you use, & remove the "662x337" or whatever just before the ".jpg" & then copy the resulting URL back to the clipboard. Then go into the forum message window, click the IMG button, paste in the URL, & hit enter. Add a tag or two & you're done!
Bill