PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
I am a manager for a large communications company. I am in the technical operations side of the business.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I've had too many damn jobs.
Right now, I'm a mail courier for a small family-owned company in my home town. I drive a lot and carry heavy stuff, it's the easiest job in the world.
It doesn't pay too well but I'm very happy to not be a cubicle jockey anymore.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
I take care of my elderly now disabled father pay isnt good 000.00 a month and when i can i hunt for and sell legally obtained authentic native american artifacts and do authentication work for others. sadly business is very slow right now

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I'm Goku

790730-konachan_com___41666_dragonball_son_goku_large.png

*ahem* I mean, Customer Service Rep for a local jewelry company. Sometimes I get confused... :puffy:

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
Thought I had posted here.
I am between jobs with the same company. I was a route salesman for a national company that recently closed my depot here in the Piedmont of North Carolina. I moved out here from Utah last spring and transferred from that depot to the one here that closed. So, in a week or so, I am transferring back to Utah to my old depot and actually my old route. Rent will be a lot cheaper I will just have to commute a little farther, but a job is a job and I hate being unemployed. Especially since I quit using Windows and all my online games are Windows based. So, no WoW or SWTOR for me.

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
OMG Hobie, what were YOU thinking of, wash your boy-brain & mouth out with soap, will ya?
I simply meant I was a bloody PITA unruly shrew like Abe Lincoln's wife, including the pipe smoking, but minus the opium! She used to chase him half nekid out of the house with a broom, scream, yell, nag, throw tanties - a Professional Inflicter of Pain (and angst).

mikemacrdlnds

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 21, 2011
Started as a Helicopter Pilot, Maintenance Officer, Test Pilot for the US Army.

Logistics Manager for the Navies Standard Missile Program.

Quality Control Manager/Program Manager for Ground Based Radars, Hughes Aircraft Co.

Logistics/Maintenance Manager for the Apache/Blackhawk Helicopter Program for the Royal Saudi Land Forces Aviation Command.

Retired

ulrich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2012
Toronto
Currently I'm a full time student, working towards a Paramedics diploma. On the side I'm a bar back at a "VIP" bar. I had the misfortune of having to deal with a certain Val Kilmer who was coked out of his brains.

grafikchaos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 12, 2012
Chapin, SC
Lets see here...

I started as a college student, studying recording industry management. That lasted a whole year. Hated college. After dropping out, I joined a band with some high school friends, playing drums. Doom and thrash metal. It was fun for a few years, and paid us just enough for beer and weed. Met some great people, had a blast. During this time I was also working for Wally World, doing pretty much every job they have there. After several years of that, I went to work for a paint store, mixing and selling paint. Nothing glamorous, mind you, but it was an okay job. Toward the end of that job, I went back to school to get my degree in graphic design. Did some freelance work on the side.
Eventually, we decided to move to SC. My wife's sister and her family were here, as well as my sister and her family. Thirty eight years in Tennessee, then moving to South Carolina was a big change. The deeper into the south you go, the slower, and stranger things seem to get. After about 3 months of being unemployed, which was my longest stretch ever to be without a job, I went up to a sporting goods/gun distributor that we lived only 3 miles away from. I asked if they had a design department. They did, but no openings. Asked what jobs they did have, and they said in the warehouse. Cool, no problem, I just need a job. After about a year of driving a forklift and slinging around merchandise, an opening came up in their media department. I put in for it and got the job, doing catalog and flyer design. Great job, with great people. I'd get in to work, we'd have a quick meeting, and then hit our computers. I'd just put the headphones on, crank up iTunes, and rock out while using Quark and Photoshop. After a little over a year of that, my wife and I were struggling to keep her in nursing school, so I spoke to one of the vice-presidents and asked to move into sales. I made the move, much to the irritation of my supervisor, because she loved the work I was doing. She did however, understand that money is money and they couldn't offer me anything close to the potential of sales work. It's fun calling myself a "business unit manager" but all I really do is glorified telemarketing. I have about 100 customers, mostly gun and pawn shops, all across the country, and I call on them and they call on me to buy guns, ammo, shooting accessories and the like. I've made some great friends, customers and co-workers alike, and this year is shaping up to be a really good year for the gun trade, with the upcoming elections and all.
That's about it, all summed up in a couple of paragraphs.

oakbear

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2011
UK
I'm a mental health nurse working in a high security hospital, with patients with dangerous and severe personality disorder.

On the census they ask for a more detailed description, but leave a single line. I put 'Playing Scrabble with psychopaths'!

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Hobie1dog, I don't recall seeing you post on here
I'm an Estimator for a Mechanical Contractor that puts in HVAC and Plumbing in new Nursing Homes, so I sit on my dead worthless ass all day long growing hemorrhoids the size of Grapefruit. 8O I take the info off of blueprints and enter it into a software program that spits out how much the job will cost.
It is not what I came back here for this time around, I am assured of that. I only do it to keep the mortgage mongrels off my rear end. Management is as worthless as tits on a Boar Hog. The secretary has been there 20 years and all she got was a card (not even a Hallmark card), and still gets 2 weeks of vacation maximum. :crazy:
There's gotta be a better way to make a livin. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.