PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
I am the true definition of a "working stiff". Im the chief, cook, and bottle washer at a service station out in the middle of nowhere. As you might be able to tell from my screen name, I also dabble in the written word from time to time.

Aug 1, 2012
mussel cars
Ah, you mean like this one? :D
mussel-car--425.jpg

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Gosh. What a great cross-section of careers!
I worked in the radio biz after high school, then ten years repairing office equipment, then built computers. I did nine years in the Air Guard during all that. I hired in to work on computer systems for the local Sheriff, but hated the bastard I worked for, so I shuffled sideways into corrections and then law enforcement work.
Congrats to all the retirees, and a big thanks to all those who served.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
I'm currently retired and enjoying every minute working in my woodshop. I was a systems programer for a

University here in the the northeast US.

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
I am permanently disabled so I don't "work", but I do clean up and resell estate pipes that I scrounge off of Flea-Bay.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
I worked in the tobacco fields in the summer, then I was a stockboy for a Dept store for about 6 months and then went to work for a plating company, 2nd shift for about 6 months while I was in high school.
After High School, I went to work at a sheet metal shop, where I fabricated fittings and welded for 6 1/2 years,

After that was up, I went to work as a lineman for the electric utility in my area and have been doing that for almost 27 years, hopefully if all goes well, and I can stay healthy, and I do not get killed in the process, I'm looking at another 14 years there. Me and my co-workers are wondering if any of us will make it. :puffy:

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
I am entering my third and final year of law school. Exciting to see other law students, lawyers, and even a law professor on here.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
I work 36 hours a week as a Technician where I run sleep tests to see if people can breath in there sleep properly. I then work 24 hours a week at a DUrable medical equipment company where I help teach care givers how to use home ventilators and supply any equipment needed. On Monday I work on an as needed basis as a respiratory therapist in a hospital where I take care of patients, most of which have some sort of lung disease or coming out of surgery, anyone with a breathing problem. I spend every day of the week helping people breath and I love it.

chagovatoloco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2013
I own a commercial real estate plaza in Rhode Island that I have managed for me, so I just collect the rent.
Are there any openings? I believe I am extremely qualified and could do well at this. Or better yet my wife, she is really good at collecting money.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
I spent 25 years managing publication departments for technology and telecomm companies. After I raised my children, I decided I wanted to write and teach, so I got my MFA and now teach adjunct for two universities. I love teaching, but adjuncting--well, no security and no pay and no benefits... Still trying to figure out what I do next.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
In the current phase of my life I do medical coding for ambulance companies.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
I am a high school teacher and department chairman. I teach drafting, engineering, woodworking and land surveying at the same high school which I attended.

Status
Not open for further replies.