PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Ordained Methodist clergy on loan to the Presbyterians. I really enjoy the Presbyterian blend as well. In addition to being a part-time pulpit supply minister for a Presbyterian congregation in Quebec Canada I am also the full time sexton-caretaker for a large United Church. Hence the need for some quiet moments with the pipe. Helps keep me sane! My three top blends are Frog Morton's Cellar, Boswell's Northwoods, and S, Gawith's Squadron Leader.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Did 8 years with the Navy. Now I work at a commercial power plant making sure the water is really clean. In other words I am a glorified pool boy, but it does pay the bills.

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
Nearly fifteen years with a very large telecom company - currently an account executive. I support, train, coach, audit, consult for leadership, etc. for several retail stores.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
I work as a systems operator (wet end) for a chemical company, I have 34+ years of service. retired volunteer firefighter in Lyndon ky. I was 19 yrs old when I started with zeochem.
take care all.

mike.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Out of high school worked for a chevy dealer, then worked for one of the government's XXA's for 9 years. Came home and went into telecommunications working in a huge service agency, you know, call this 800 number sort of thing. Quit there and started my own long distance telephone company and was CTO for 12 years. Found a fellow to buy it so retired and founded Jack Lee Blend tobacco co.

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
jbbaldwin: I taught High School band for a year in Pitsburg, Ohio after I graduated from the University of Dayton. Then it was Elementary General Music for a year here in Illinois (that, was not too fun). I'm hoping to stay mostly out of the teaching-in-the-schools thing now though. I do enough lessons, and our new company will be offering classes and ensembles. Still, cool to see others in the field.
Is Cello your main instrument? I'm percussion, focused down mostly on Jazz Vibraphone.
I'm with you on the elementary level. Maybe when I get older and more mellow...

French horn was my major instrument, but, teaching strings, I spend all my time with the cello now.

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
Hey irwinmetro - I'm not sure I can post my website here. I'll give it a shot... put the words together, so to speak -
www . peter davison . com
There's lots of my music on there. You can hear my CDs (full length, not 30 sec clips like itunes, and free to listen to, although... a sale = a tin of tobacco!).

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
Retired 5 years ago after 45 as (variously) CFO, COO, Exec VP, & CEO for manufacturing corporations. Currently volunteer as business counselor with the Small Business Administration through the local university, specializing in corporate management.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
pdmus,
I love this type of music for relaxation. I closed my eyes and actually dozed off....at my desk...at work. Good job!
Future, Present, Past

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
voorhees -
Thanks for your kind words! The first track on Future, Present, Past ("Sip of Wine") won the Best Song of the Year, Hollywood Music in Media Awards, New Age Ambient, 2010.

Jul 11, 2013
I.T. Tech for a law enforcement agency and teach night classes as an adjunct at a local community college. I freelanced for some smaller agencies and companies when I had free time in the past but only do it now for friends. Hopefully going to go full time at the college this fall so I can exit the political mine field that my job has become.

surtrungr

Lurker
Jul 6, 2013
Joined the Army at 18 years old (37F Psychological Special Operations Airborne), served about four years and decided to pursue a safer way to spend my days. Worked in a pattern making shop as a general helper, watching old timers hand craft crazy shapes to a couple thousandths of an inch for foundry casting master patterns.
Currently - I've worked in private contract security for five years, full time. Put myself through medical x ray tech school - waiting on a call back for a CAT scan job at the moment. I also run a small business doing hand made goods and art - blacksmithing, chainmail, jewelry, leather working, and whatever other art media strikes my fancy. I'm 25 years old and been puffin' on a pipe since I was 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.