PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
The Big Hurt!

My parents, knowing little of baseball, made my middle name Thomas. In little league I was “the little hurt.” Until of course Something About Mary came around, then I was always “Franks and Beans!!!” Then one day, the best thing that ever happened to me, Old School, bestowed upon me the moniker of “Frank the Tank.” After 6 years of Franks and Beans I couldn’t have been happier.

But now I’m married with a child, so my only nicknames are dumbass and da-da.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
The Big Hurt!

My parents, knowing little of baseball, made my middle name Thomas. In little league I was “the little hurt.” Until of course Something About Mary came around, then I was always “Franks and Beans!!!” Then one day, the best thing that ever happened to me, Old School, bestowed upon me the moniker of “Frank the Tank.” After 6 years of Franks and Beans I couldn’t have been happier.

But now I’m married with a child, so my only nicknames are dumbass and da-da.
Hahahaha Little Hurt. ?

The true question is have you ever gone streaking through the quad into the gymnasium???

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
My first apartment was a studio type at $100/month, then got my mortgage at 17 for $500/month. I've seen modern rent and don't know how the young folks are doing it. And as for the grocery, I'm the guy with all of the coupons that everyone hates. rotf
I know it's kind of insane isn't it. I remember when I first lived on my own getting 200 dollars of groceries and not needing to buy anything for a long long time. Now I can make that last two weeks if I don't get lazy.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It sounds as if there may not be an established name for a pack of five tins of the same blend wrapped in plastic. We can wing it, or we might invent a name that would adhere, though I would think there would be a name in the wholesale trade. If not, I nominate something mandane like a Five Pack, or a Roll of Five, or something slightly snappier like a Quint, as in quintuplets.

Status
Not open for further replies.