PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yes. I typically order from SP in small quantities because even when it's stopped and charged by customs it's still cheaper. I visit the local B&Ms and buy an expensive tin once or twice a year because I like to browse in person, and they have harder to get stuff like Samuel Gawith.
Ouch. I remember when I first started buying tobacco. A 10 can sleeve of Kodiak was $12, a carton of Marlboros was just under $11, and a tub of Carter Hall was $15. Man how times have changed.

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
Never did buy an entire roll or log of snuff, but I do miss those days when they were available and not over regulated. For me and my friends (in the late 70s and Early 80's...and no I'm not old I was in high school) it was Hawken, Skoal and Copenhagen in cans, Levi Garret, Beechnut, Chattanooga Chew, and Redman in bags. The good old days...can't get the bags of tobacco in Massachusetts anymore.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Grizzly Wintergreen, or get the hell out. Those cans come in rolls. My wife dips pouches, they are for the ladies. Haha

I dont know, but sleeve sounds right. Not all tins are round, they can't be a roll.
Grizzly Dark. I take the dentures out for smokeless. Long and fine cut don't stay in long without teeth.?

20200501_221655.jpg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Grizzly Dark. I take the dentures out for smokeless. Long and fine cut don't stay in long without teeth.?

View attachment 28475
How is the Grizzly Dark? Usually buy a can of dip to take to a ballgame (when there are any) and Grizzly straight was a usual choice. What makes it dark? Extra fire-cured?

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA

View attachment 28475

Yea I like the dark too. I wonder what makes it different?

Im just kidding about the pouches being for ladies.. my wife dips them so i make that joke. I use them too when I know Im going to be trapped without spitting, like a couple months ago when I was at the hospital.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Wasn't there a Happy Days dip back in the day? I dipped about all of them for 10 years..Copenhagen, Skoal,Kodiak, Redman Golden Blend...
Yep.?
GMDPhX638ZUs63yLJ8pVQ8BvhceF-HRYo1Wes8Ybwrk.jpg

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Never did buy an entire roll or log of snuff, but I do miss those days when they were available and not over regulated. For me and my friends (in the late 70s and Early 80's...and no I'm not old I was in high school) it was Hawken, Skoal and Copenhagen in cans, Levi Garret, Beechnut, Chattanooga Chew, and Redman in bags. The good old days...can't get the bags of tobacco in Massachusetts anymore.

I know this is off topic shit, but man thats crazy. In Ga I can buy bags of "Big Duke", not a huge fan of the name, for 1.99. Pretty good stuff. Its made by the same people who make Redman. You know they do mail stuff.. I prefer Levi Garett, but what do I look like paying 6 bucks for chew.. a millionaire? Haha

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I know this is off topic shit, but man thats crazy. In Ga I can buy bags of "Big Duke", not a huge fan of the name, for 1.99. Pretty good stuff. Its made by the same people who make Redman. You know they do mail stuff.. I prefer Levi Garett, but what do I look like paying 6 bucks for chew.. a millionaire? Haha
Finally found a place locally that still sells Redman plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.