Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Too dark for a picture now, but Oliva Serie O robusto. Pretty good so far. This came out of a sampler pack. I tried to smoke the Gurkha Beauty that came in it earlier, but it was so horrible I tossed it into the burn pit.
Well, I have to tell the whole story on this one, now that I have time. I apologize for writing a novel ?:

So, have you ever had a horrible smoking experience? I decided this evening that I would sit down with a cigar from that sampler pack that I bought, in front of my fire pit on the deck, and have a nice relaxing smoke before starting another hectic week.
So I picked out the biggest cigar I had, to last a while, and lit the fire pit, and that Gurkha Beauty (which I’ve never had before), and sat down. Then I noticed that the oil I poured over the kindling, to help it light, was dripping through a hole I didn’t know was in the pan, and onto the deck, alit. So I scrambled for the garden hose and burned the dog shit out of my arm with the cherry on the cigar I was clenching. But I sprayed water on the deck underneath the pit before anything bad happened, so disaster averted, aside from the blister on my arm.
As I sat back down, I noticed that cigar tasted terrible, bitter as hell, and wasn’t getting any better. So after realizing it wasn’t going to turn around, I tossed it into the pit and grabbed that Oliva Serie O and lit it. Very nice taste, and excellent construction. It was really tasting great, but my niece walked up with her hands full of things she was bringing in from her car, so I set it down on the railing to help her, and I’ll be damned if it didn’t roll right off the rail and into the bushes, never to be seen again.
So all I managed to do was smoke about 1/4 of a stick, burn my arm, and almost set my deck on fire. ? I finally just said “screw it,” and went back in and got ready for bed. Maybe next time!

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Just moved the cattle into their winter pasture -- this strong, spicy 601 Red Habano, gift from a friend, was the perfect thing to out-compete the ambient barnyard aroma. Like swinging an incense burner to dispel bad humours.
(Puny little guy in the foreground is, or will be, our new bull).
IMG_9022.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.