PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I hear Dat ODO, I change clothes after late afternoon smoke , or wife does her pucker the nose up routine, Montecristo Platium yesterday after a boudin run, Cajun rice meat sausage for you Yankees, wife had Oral Surgery and cannot eat on one side, boudin is soft mushy, Oh got a box of Jaimie Garcia’s Espical Belicoso Muduro coming in thanks to you guys steering me to a good smoke.

Acid cigars are different. The base leaves are good, and they are infused with sweet spices.It is very difficult to explain how does it taste.Indians traditionally chew betel leaves and there are two broad varieties- the spicy variety with tobacco and the non tobacco variety which contains flower extracts, herbs and other sweet stuff. It is common in India to chew the non-tobacco sweet variety as a dessert / palette cleanser after a very heavy meal. If you smoke a normal cigar along with chewing the sweet betel leaf, the experience you will get is very similar to the ACID cigar.
The smoke ? from ACID tastes sweet and herbal as mentioned above. There is a distinct aftertaste of herbal sugar if you lick your lips after exhale. I can see that this would be polarizing- some will like it to a large extent and others will not. For me since it evokes a certain memory I will smoke it occasionally as dessert after a heavy lunch but I will not be able to smoke it regularly- it is too sweet.
Cshub how are the Acid Cigars?

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
Posted this earlier in the main "What Are You Smoking" thread, but...
I'm smoking an Undercrown Sungrown Corona. What a massive let down. I LOVE the regular Undercrowns, but this thing makes me feel like I'm 15 and smoking a White Owl. Just a blah, one dimensional, leathery, meh. This thing should be a $2.00 cigar. Maybe it's just a dud, I have another, so I'll see how it goes.
Unknown.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Padron 1926 with a brandy...
GhvdbBT.jpg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Posted this earlier in the main "What Are You Smoking" thread, but...
I'm smoking an Undercrown Sungrown Corona. What a massive let down. I LOVE the regular Undercrowns, but this thing makes me feel like I'm 15 and smoking a White Owl. Just a blah, one dimensional, leathery, meh. This thing should be a $2.00 cigar. Maybe it's just a dud, I have another, so I'll see how it goes.
View attachment 32593
Was probably my favorite Drew Estate cigar (not the biggest fan of DE overall), but I just finished a box of Belicosos i bought when they were still pretty new and the last few that I smoked recently were pretty bland. Maybe they age very poorly. But when they were fresh, i thought they were rich, creamy and full of semi-sweet baking spices.

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
Was probably my favorite Drew Estate cigar (not the biggest fan of DE overall), but I just finished a box of Belicosos i bought when they were still pretty new and the last few that I smoked recently were pretty bland. Maybe they age very poorly. But when they were fresh, i thought they were rich, creamy and full of semi-sweet baking spices.
That's interesting. I've read that the Liga #9s are supposed to be smoked fresh. Could be the same deal here.

Status
Not open for further replies.