PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
Going to be stir fry in the wok. Chicken with shitake mushrooms, snow peas, and little chinese cabbage things I picked up for curiosity's sake yesterday.

That is, if I lay off the Pilsner Urquell. If not, then there may be a few finger tips in dinner as well.

Reactions: rogers

subsalac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 9, 2018
A few days ago I made Salvadorian pupusas with curtido and salsa roja. Think tamales, but without the husk, and round and flat rather than log shaped-- fried, with a stuffing containing pork, cheese, tomatoes, chilies, onions, garlic, and spices. A must condiment is a kind of cabbage slaw with mexican oregano. I've been eating it lunch and dinner for 4 days straight now, and still not tired :col:

• Love
Reactions: python

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
A few days ago I made Salvadorian pupusas with curtido and salsa roja. Think tamales, but without the husk, and round and flat rather than log shaped-- fried, with a stuffing containing pork, cheese, tomatoes, chilies, onions, garlic, and spices. A must condiment is a kind of cabbage slaw with mexican oregano. I've been eating it lunch and dinner for 4 days straight now, and still not tired :col:

I love me some pupusas!

Reactions: subsalac
Jan 27, 2020
I am in the process of making a lamb and okra stew—apparently very commonly found in the Middle East but I tend to not follow recipes. I used some whole cardamom pods, cloves, ground sumac...etc. If you’re one to worry about okra being slimy two tips: never cut it while wet and as the Greeks did soak it in vinegar for a while rinse after and cook it (sauté) separately before in-cooperating it with whatever.

Coincidentally I bought the lamb (shank) at a high end grocery chain that mislabeled it—costing me .40!

Reactions: kanaia and python
Status
Not open for further replies.