PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The sauce isn’t with chanterelles, no

Eierschwarmerl and chanterelles are the same thing. I guess you can use any mushroom, but if you have a bowl of these that are fresh from the forest, why would you?

330px-Chanterelle_Cantharellus_cibarius.jpg

Reactions: puff_not_snuff
Jan 27, 2020
Eierschwarmerl and chanterelles are the same thing. I guess you can use any mushroom, but if you have a bowl of these that are fresh from the forest, why would you?

330px-Chanterelle_Cantharellus_cibarius.jpg

Yea, not so easy to find here (an some pricy when bought), I know of more people who pick morels when in season which are equally as delicious.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
That sounds horrible but actually looks good. LOL

What if I told you it was a Hunter-style pork cutlet, flattened, breaded and pan fried? Then I made a mushroom and bacon sauce on top? Then I served it with egg noodles?

Yea, not so easy to find here

Impossible here as well, but my brothers in laws cottage is surrounded by them

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
What if I told you it was a Hunter-style pork cutlet, flattened, breaded and pan fried? Then I made a mushroom and bacon sauce on top? Then I served it with egg noodles?

You'd just have to tell me there's another place set at the table for me and I'd be over if you were reasonably close by.

Jan 27, 2020

Funny, “hunter style” is what the Polish places here call it. Doubt they cook it in butter though like a good Austrian does.

Status
Not open for further replies.