PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Mostly Lavazza. But FORTE by Filicori Zecchini was awesome dark roast. For espresso that is.

For regular coffee, it was whatever was at Sam's Club. Now, just drink instant coffee.

Reactions: instymp

filmguerilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2022
Memphis, Tennessee
For health reasons I switched to decaf about two years ago and the hunt began for a decaf that actually tastes like a good, strong coffee. Not sour and cheap. So far, the best I've found is Starbuck's Sumatra Decaf. Medium dark, great roasted flavor. I'll stick with it until I find one better.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
When I was done teaching drawing on Saturdays, my regular routine involved walking to the Chinatown location of Gimme! Coffee (now closed) and picking up a bag of whole beans freshly roasted at their main location in Ithaca, New York (then followed by a trip to Astor Wines & Liquors to check out their whisky offerings). Gimme! Coffee’s descriptions of their various blends were often laughable and frustrating, along the lines of “tastes like an airy cloud, with notes of dry sandalwood ...” but their roasts/blends were often great. They’re worth trying if you haven’t had them. It was difficult finding freshly roasted beans that didn’t fall flat in the flavour department. Oren’s was usually disappointing; Fairway roasted daily, but dumped their roasts into big barrels, so the beans ended up baking and not cooling fast enough, resulting in no depth. Gimme! had roast dates on their bags, so it was easy to figure out an ideal drink date after the beans degassed, but it got expensive since twelve ounces of beans cost between $16.00 and $24.00 per bag. I reached a point where my roasts of Sweet Maria’s green beans at home got me 90% of the way of a commercial roast, that it made sense to just do my own beans and give up that little bit of quality for significant savings.

I stopped roasting after moving to an apartment. These days, we mostly drink tea, but not that I have a house again, I think I will get back to roasting at home.

AreBee

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
I have been getting the Mayorga whole bean at Costco. It's pretty good for everyday coffee. When I want to spoil myself I like to pick up some single origin Tanzania Peaberry or Ethiopian Yrgacheffe wherever I can find it.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I actually just started to get into 3rd Wave Roasters at the beginning of the year.

Bought a Baratza Encore burr grinder.

Bought a Bodum Melior Goose Neck Kettle

Bought a Chemex 10 cup

Bought a Greater Goods coffee scale

Bought a Hario v60 Starter Set in red

The only coffee accessory I owned before all this was just a Bodum French Press.

I actually was never really into coffee, I bought all this for my wife at Christmas, except the Hario v60 I just recently bought.

As you can see I’m turning into a coffee nerd! LOL 😝

These are 3rd wave coffee roasters I’ve bought from this year.

Happy Mug

Black & White

Cat & Cloud

Twiga

Dark Matter

I just received a few days ago Blueprint Drupe I am now trying .

Before I jumped on the 3rd wave band wagon, around 7-10 years ago I was in Alaska getting a little into coffee, and had a few blends from Raven’s Brew

I really love natural coffees that are not infused, which have fruity and floral characteristic. I never realized till I got into 3rd wave coffee, that a lot of beans from around the world have floral and fruity notes, along with many others.

P.S Got the arsenal out, getting ready to go to Coffee Town this morning! LOL 😆

IMG_1990.jpeg

Last edited:

Marie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2024
Los Angeles
Not a purist when it comes to coffee. Dunkin Donuts Regular in a french press, then I add half n' half and sugar. I like it in a mug or fine bone china. Espresso - I like illy in my little italian stovetop espresso maker.

I have been eyeballing turkish coffees. There is a market down the street from me that carries turkish coffee brands, and there are some beautiful handmade turkish coffee pots out there on the internet to buy. I love watching the videos. Here's is one that makes me smile. puffy :

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I’m definitely not what you’d call a connoisseur. I can drink anything from 7-11 to whatever high end you got. Maxwell House is my mainstay. Honestly, as long as it’s hot, black, strong & good…I’m good. 👍 ☕