PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Black and White Roasters, Methodical, Prodigal, Onyx, Luminous. These are a handful of my go-to roasters for coffee. I usually have 2 or 3 bags in rotation - a funky roast and a clean one, all light roasts. So many good specialty coffees out there now. Lucky for me, many are in the Southeast!
Local? locations? Links?

Fuelman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2024
Indiana
Living not far from SF, I still had to look this up. Seems like an Amazon deal all around. Yes, no?

This screen shot was part of my research. Quite a range of prices for what looks like the same coffee.

View attachment 313233

Living not far from SF, I still had to look this up. Seems like an Amazon deal all around. Yes, no?

This screen shot was part of my research. Quite a range of prices for what looks like the same coffee.

View attachment 313233
I usually order from sfbaycoffee.com . I’m not sure if Amazon is cheaper or not. Sfbay does offer a subscription service which is convenient.

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Local? locations? Links?
Many of these are North and South Carolina. I have some great local roasters here in North Georgia. The southeast has a lot to offer in the coffee world.
I always send anybody looking to get into specialty coffee to B&W. They have everything from light to dark, clean to funky. Roasters like Luminous tend to focus on the funk. Methodical has more clean roasts, but great quality. The head roaster is also a pipe smoker that goes to shows. He gave me some Muletown roast at the show a few months back. Awesome folks there. They have great tea as well.
Roasters like Prodigcal, Onyx and SEY are on the higher end of the spectrum and their price reflects that.

These two are in Raliegh and Greenville. Great folks and fine roasters. Prices are great as well

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I usually order from sfbaycoffee.com . I’m not sure if Amazon is cheaper or not. Sfbay does offer a subscription service which is convenient.
My guess was- and still is- that SF Bay Coffee is controlled by Amazon, which also offers subscriptions. I think the prices are the same.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I don't frequent shops that are pretty much into the coffee thing. Just give me good cup of Folger's, some cream and sugar and I'm happy.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Beautiful machine! I didn't know Jura made consumer level machines; the only one I've seen was at a fancy car dealership and I was told it was $10K!

Reactions: ThomasS

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
We a have coffee house here locally that we get all of our coffee from. Fresh roasted, Guatemalan whole bean.
We always grind then do French press.

We used to use just a plain small glass press for years.
It was kind of a pain to press then have to pour it into some kind of insulated carafe to keep it from getting bitter and to stay hot.
Also, the glass one we used to use was small.
It was a 32 oz I believe which was too small for the wife and I together on the weekends.
We recently got the new Yeti large press and liked it so much we bought the small one also for single servings.

Yeah we are kinda coffee connoisseurs :D

20240526_193854.jpg
20240526_193749.jpg

PipeMarc

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 14, 2017
South East
I’m a Black Rifle Coffee guy. Set up the subscription and forget it. Probably better boutique brands out there but for the ease and money BRTC is hard to beat.

Reactions: fireground_piper

ThomasS

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2024
Bayfield, WI
Beautiful machine! I didn't know Jura made consumer level machines; the only one I've seen was at a fancy car dealership and I was told it was $10K!

Thanks! Jura/Capresso makes a wide range of machines. That's a J6, we got it in 2008 for about $3000, and it still runs like a champ. I had only one repair the whole time, and that was right away and under warranty (the screw that holds the burr grinder broke, clearly a defect. Cost me nothing to fix)

Reactions: jpmcwjr