New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashton Aged Maduro- About 5 minutes in, looking to be a very promising smoke.

Midway through the Ashton 10 cigar sampler, my impression is that they are very good cigars. One thing about a cigar sampler in my opinion- Smoking 1 or 2 of each variety is not enough to know the cigar. At a minimum I need to smoke through a 5 pack. On the flip side, if I don’t like it, I will still have a bunch to smoke.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Half way in to aforementioned CAO Cam.
Better, but with slightly sour aftertaste..
Nutty, a little creamy and a little cedar.
Great draw, burn etc but does anybody else get an acrid/sour aftertaste with Cameroon wrappers?
It's happened, but I am not familiar with the CAO cameroon, so could be the filler. Good cameroon seems to need a little time to cure out and age a bit. They end up a little tangy, and the sourness fades.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Earlier...
hprEA8D.jpg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
inspired by your coffee selections. Today I was gifted by the Owner of an Arizona coffee roaster, a coffee aged in whiskey barrels. Super cool, the whiskey is distilled in AZ too. I’ve heard from a friend it is really good. I’ll find out tomorrow morning with a pipe. Cult Coffee/ Arizona Artisan Beverage. Really cool people.
How was it? Coffee and booze was always a good combination, IMO, so I could see how aging the beans in whiskey barrels could taste pretty nice.

Now smoking a Sobremesa with espresso from Nicaragua.

20210822_182350.jpg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Ashton Aged Maduro- About 5 minutes in, looking to be a very promising smoke.

Midway through the Ashton 10 cigar sampler, my impression is that they are very good cigars. One thing about a cigar sampler in my opinion- Smoking 1 or 2 of each variety is not enough to know the cigar. At a minimum I need to smoke through a 5 pack. On the flip side, if I don’t like it, I will still have a bunch to smoke.
Like you, the verdict of my palate required repeated exposure. 50g with the pipe, 5-10 cigars. Initial smokes in either were more confusing as anything else.

Were wrapper, binder and filler aged or just the wrapper? An Ashton that they aged sounds very promising. Seems expensive, but it was unusual that when I spent more that I didn't get more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.