Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Diplomaticos No.2
FxN5TYol.jpg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
J. Fuego Origen Originals. Haven't seen these in a coon's age and got a fiver in a gift box. Pretty good, especially for the price. If you like Corojo tobacco, these are worth a shot.
I remember those! Haven't seen them around lately either. Being kind of tight with money right now, I'm going to see if I can find some. There were several different lines, but the one that really sticks in my memory because of the name was Sangre de Toro.

Now smoking an Asylum 13 Toro with espresso from Nicaragua.

20210818_182452.jpg

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I remember those! Haven't seen them around lately either. Being kind of tight with money right now, I'm going to see if I can find some. There were several different lines, but the one that really sticks in my memory because of the name was Sangre de Toro.

View attachment 93391
You are a coffee aficionado as well. Ive never seen so many cool types of coffees at home. It is wonderful to see your pairings and enjoyment. I have friend who’s into coffee and a well made espresso by an engineering minded dude is always good. Cycling and coffee go together like pipes and cigars. Lucky me, I love all 4.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma

View attachment 93391
I'm looking around online and no one has them for sale. I'm going to throw out an email to the company and see if they're even made anymore. Shame if they're not.

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
Had a Fratello Oro Robusto last night. Fox Cigar threw a few random samples in with my last order and this was one of them. Never heard of it before & I'm not usually a fan of CT wrappers, but this one was surprisingly enjoyable with TONS of cream & cedar. I actually might track a few more of these down.

Unknown.jpeg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
You are a coffee aficionado as well. Ive never seen so many cool types of coffees at home. It is wonderful to see your pairings and enjoyment. I have friend who’s into coffee and a well made espresso by an engineering minded dude is always good. Cycling and coffee go together like pipes and cigars. Lucky me, I love all 4.
I have just gotten back into coffee in the past few months. I started roasting coffee beans at home, which is what allows me the opportunity to try so many unique coffees. The green, unroasted beans run about $5.50-$7.50/pound, mostly, so I have bought like 30 different varieties over the last couple months. It is pretty fun! Coffee can really go well with cigars and pipe tobacco, but sometimes it is not a perfect match. The Aladino Cameroon I had last week was probably a bit too delicate in flavor to be paired with espresso, so that was a mistake. Espresso tends to go well with stronger, spicier Nicaraguan cigars, but it can also be very nice with something on the sweeter end like many Cubans and some Dominican cigars like the La Galera Anemois I had the other evening. Just my 2 cents, of course. I also like the early evening jolt of caffeine and nicotine from the pairing :LOL:

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I don't smoke that many cubans while playing golf. Kind of a waste of money because they cannot really be savored. So I look for what I consider good cigars that are well constructed and reasonably priced. My go to cigars for the golf course are Padron 2000 and 3000 maduro, Oliva Serie V and Brickhouse Maduro. I like maduro because these wrappers are thicker and tougher, will stand up the abuse they often see while playing golf.

I just got in an order from egars, my go to online cigar supplier. If by chance you look at egars (this is the twin site to Nice Ash Cigars, just better pricing), you need to create an account and log in in order to see the discount pricing. Anyway, they didn't have my normal Brickhouse Robusto Maduro but had the Toro size for the same price, so I ordered a box. Had one today and was quite impressed. I thought it had better flavor than the maduro, I smoked it to the nub. Second cigar was the Padron 3000 Maduro which I also enjoyed but is clearly a bit stronger (and frankly, not quite as smooth). I find these three brands to be excellent cigars for the money, great value.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
inspired by your coffee selections. Today I was gifted by the Owner of an Arizona coffee roaster, a coffee aged in whiskey barrels. Super cool, the whiskey is distilled in AZ too. I’ve heard from a friend it is really good. I’ll find out tomorrow morning with a pipe. Cult Coffee/ Arizona Artisan Beverage. Really cool people.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
1st cigar in a few weeks.

After a fairly substantial chicken, pearl barley and veggies soup made from carcass and leftover chicken from last night's roast chicken dinner.

A 15yo producion limitada Cuban Ron Edmundo Dantes.

With what else but a Montecristo Sublimes Edicion Limitada 2008 View attachment 93732View attachment 93733
Slowly scrolling up from the last post, seen the bottle and thought ’Ahh this will be an OzPiper post..’

Connection between the Rum and Monetcristo, brand wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.