Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Earlier...
3AFa3qW.jpg

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
We celebrated our 18 + anniversary yesterday. After the home cooked filet and crab I enjoyed an aged Partagas Serie D no. 4.

View attachment 94150
I’m a little late, but happy anniversary!
My wife and I were 18 years in June.

My first La Gloria Cubana Classic Maduro Wavell. I love this cigar. Rich, sweet, no pepper, medium strength and body. Draw on this one is a bit tight, what does one do to help this without ruining a cigar? It has happened on a few cigars before. Anyone know if this is a sweetened cap? It tastes a little like it could be, but it’s not over the top.
I ordered a 10 pack of the Classic (natural, not maduro) Wavells, and the draw was tight on those. Like damn near obstructed. I just left them in the humidor at 70% for a couple months, and they are ok now. Still a little tight, but certainly enjoyable now. I’m sure a lower RH would loosen them up a little more. Next time I have one I’ll leave it out for a few hours beforehand and see if that gets it done. ?‍♂️

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
I just lit up a Warped Bits Of Havana. A friend gave me one last year and I loved it. I finally gave in and ordered a 10-pack. The first one was okay but nothing special. So I let them sit in my humidor for a few weeks. Hopefully this one recaptures the magic of the first one. EBAAAE2A-1017-4020-B66B-BDE121FD20BD.jpeg

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Cromagnon Knuckle Dragger Petite Robusto, 4x52.

STRONG… Tobacco, leather, black pepper. A dark fruit note, citrus note in the second half. Sweet note towards the end.

I bought several of these to push up a SP order for free shipping about seven months ago. They would be worthy of a long rest, on the order of several years.

462767-D0-71-DB-4325-B9-B0-FF042-C5-C86-BE.jpg

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
What did you think?

Now smoking a Diamond Crown Julius Ceaser Shark with coffee from Java, Indonesia. I guess that makes it true Java?

View attachment 95067
I like the Capa Especial a little bit better but they are both really good. The broadleaf has more pepper and coffee flavor, espresso. Substitute more of a sweet tea from the Capa I just nubbed.

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
Smoking up (also the Liga 9). Any report for those who can only wish they were there?
Oh man, that thing is just fantastic. So smooth, like smoking smores. It has aged to perfection. It's a big cigar and I started it around 7:45 and it took me till 10:15 when I finally put it down. I kept thinking, it's getting late and I'm tired but with every draw there was no way I wasn't finishing that cigar. I find them very balanced and creamy, refined. I think I've got a few left and I also have a few T52 double corona left. That will be next on the all evening cigar night.

Status
Not open for further replies.