PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
La Galera Connecticut short Perfecto. It's not often I foray into the world of new NC blends, but these are very good. The subtle fruity notes in the rich, creamy Dominican filler is quite unique. Cannot wait to see what age does to these in 5 or 10 years.
The Habano and 1936 blends by La Galera are pretty good too, IMO. Fairly stout for Dominicans. The Maduro is solid if you like San Andres wrappers.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
The Habano and 1936 blends by La Galera are pretty good too, IMO. Fairly stout for Dominicans. The Maduro is solid if you like San Andres wrappers.

I have never had a San Andres Maduro I liked - far too gritty and dirty earthy - so I gave up on them and figure they're not for me. Honestly, they taste like a basic Nicaraguan tobacco, which I also don't typically prefer (Padron and Illusione generally being the only exceptions).

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I like most offerings from Caldwell
The Long Live the King was quite good. I've enjoyed the Eastern Standard in the past as well.

I have never had a San Andres Maduro I liked - far too gritty and dirty earthy - so I gave up on them and figure they're not for me. Honestly, they taste like a basic Nicaraguan tobacco, which I also don't typically prefer (Padron and Illusione generally being the only exceptions).
San Andres was never one of my favorite wrappers, with a few exceptions (La Mission, Matilde Oscura), but lately I have been enjoying them more, so maybe my opinion is changing a bit.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
My first Fuente, 858 Natural. What a nice cigar. Just an easy going flavorful, medium body. I’m getting sweetness, nuts and good for me not any pepper or spice. I think this is going into the favorites category.

pared with Redemption Wheated Bourbon and big ice cube. And Django Rheinhardt radio on Spotify. And on the 7th day I am resting!;)

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
The Long Live the King was quite good. I've enjoyed the Eastern Standard in the past as well.

San Andres was never one of my favorite wrappers, with a few exceptions (La Mission, Matilde Oscura), but lately I have been enjoying them more, so maybe my opinion is changing a bit.
It is fun as one's palate shifts to and fro. I noticed in the last few years, my palate for cigars seemed to settle in and now I tend to enjoy a specific selection.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
My Father Le Bijou 1922

This is a My Father cigar which I really love. I have had construction issues with most My Father cigars I have smoked. Hoping this would not have construction issues

View attachment 74597
Wow. First, their tobacco quality plummeted after they got into a legal tussle with the Fernandez people, and now they're having construction issues? Pepin was a benchmark in quality in the mid to late 00s. I guess all things must pass.

Wow. First, their tobacco quality plummeted after they got into a legal tussle with the Fernandez people, and now they're having construction issues? Pepin was a benchmark in quality in the mid to late 00s. I guess all things must pass.
If I really think through the My Father experience- I don’t think I had construction issues with Le Bijou. Most of the issues were from My Father #1, My Father Connecticut and Flor de Las Antillas.

This one also behaving well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.