PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Delicious and not too strong at all .. Great medium flavors but totally smooth
Awesome. I think this line and a few others made by My Father/The Garcias in both Nicaragua and Miami are not as spicy or strong as they used to be lately, but it's still a pretty fair representation of Nicaraguan cigars, so now you should feel emboldened to jump right in!

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Good cigar and coming along nicely, but not much like a Por Larrañaga, IMO. Without the band, I would have guessed this was an Upmann with its notes of bread and espresso. There are hints of dried fruit I associate with a Montecarlos. Don't know what to think of this one, but probably wouldn't buy another box when this one is gone.

luigi

Can't Leave
May 16, 2017
Europe
How old was it? Cuban RyJ are a classic example of a blend that needs at least 5 years to stop tasting like peppery dirt
Good to know. I smoked it the same day I got it and I'm still lost in cigar world.
I've learnt so far that Habana taste is not something I'm looking for. Need something darker, stronger. I realized there are a lot of cheaper cigars from other Latino countries that sound like a good choice.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Good to know. I smoked it the same day I got it and I'm still lost in cigar world.
I've learnt so far that Habana taste is not something I'm looking for. Need something darker, stronger. I realized there are a lot of cheaper cigars from other Latino countries that sound like a good choice.
I recommend searching for Nicaraguan cigars, particularly those with Maduro wrappers, such as those with Mexican San Andres or Connecticut Broadleaf wrappers. Not every Nicaraguan cigar with a San Andres wrapper is dark and strong, but many are! My favorite is probably La Mission du L'Atelier and I also really like El Borracho from Dapper Cigars.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Arturo Fuente Añejo & Opus
Padron anything
Illusione Ultra
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero if you want to go straight for the throat

When I travel with family - Generally I don’t carry pipes or cigars. One more thing to worry about, and often I don’t have time. This time I am carrying both pipes and cigars. It is too cold outside, and it was very windy and the cigar burnt very fast! Yet it was a glorious smoke of a Padron 1826 Serie Natural in downtown Washington DCF46E2E6C-42A2-4E16-A33F-8125F806692F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.